Best fridge freezer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have and old Beko fridge and freezer which have both lasted well (9 years old). However, space is now tight (two kids now) and they were C rated when I bought them so I am looking to replace them.

I am looking for an American style fridge freezer, although I am not to bothered about having an ice maker. Obviously it needs to be at least A rated (a quick glance suggests that even a large A rated fridge freezer will use less power than my old ones!) and have a good practical amount of space in both the fridge and freezer.

Ideally we are looking to spend under £1000.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Which is the best make to go for?

Maz

Guru
Bosch make some excellent A-rated fridge-freezers (we have one at home), but I don't know if they do the US-style ones.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Uncle Mort,

Yes, thats why I said 'at least A rated' :biggrin:

Goo,

I like your thinking, but it would mean that the kids would have to eat tinned food from now on. Do they do tinned yogurts...:biggrin:

yello

There are several questions that I'd never expect to see on a cycling forum - that is probably one of them ;) And I also have no shame in admitting that I have absolutely no idea what the answer is! ;););)

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Samsung do some excellent American-style fridge-freezers, with prices starting around £700-800. All are at least A+, and I believe the latest ones are A++.

Ben

I'm with Ben on this - and, ridiculously, I am going to post a picture as I was mucking about last Friday

1o0ufp.jpg

There is a neat door on the front right side, within the main door that enables milk, juice etc to be removed without opening up the whole thing.
The veg seems to stay fresh(er), longer, (not longers - longer:smile: ) and the ice maker is A1 - (never thought I would say that, ;) )
Make sure that, if you get one that needs to be plumbed in, you buy your filters from, say, Pozzani - and not pay full whack for the Samsung ones!
650 - 700 + depth also - if you are thinking of alignment with kitchen units at all...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aperitif said:
I'm with Ben on this - and, ridiculously, I am going to post a picture as I was mucking about last Friday

1o0ufp.jpg

There is a neat door on the front right side, within the main door that enables milk, juice etc to be removed without opening up the whole thing.
The veg seems to stay fresh(er), longer, (not longers - longer:smile: ) and the ice maker is A1 - (never thought I would say that, ;) )
Make sure that, if you get one that needs to be plumbed in, you buy your filters from, say, Pozzani - and not pay full whack for the Samsung ones!
650 - 700 + depth also - if you are thinking of alignment with kitchen units at all...

Thanks Aperitif! I didn't expect photos!

I'm not worried about the depth as it will be on it's own in the kitchen. I've had a look at the samsungs and they only appear to be A rated. If I could get A+ or A++ that would be better but I will certainly have a look.

gbb

Legendary Member
Sorry magnatom..i have little to offer other than how dissapointed i am with the Whirlpool freezer we brought a few months ago. Bl00dy cr@p materials..the drawers have fallen apart already.
I wouldnt touch one again.

Ben Lovejoy said:
Samsung do some excellent American-style fridge-freezers, with prices starting around £700-800. All are at least A+, and I believe the latest ones are A++.

Ben

i second this opinion- i have a samsung, but chose no ice maker or drink chiller, as they come with a big ice cube drwer anyway, and ive got one of those 25l bottle water coolers anyway..- besides, they dont tell you before you buy one, but if you get them bits a: you gotta pay to have it plumbed in, and b: you have to replace filters for them, oh yeah, and you get less freezer space...

side by side fidge freezers are great- mine has the same internal size as a full sized of each, but takes up less space, and less energy...- and the neighbours think its posh;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
magnatom said:
I have and old Beko fridge and freezer which have both lasted well (9 years old). However, space is now tight (two kids now) and they were C rated when I bought them so I am looking to replace them.

I am looking for an American style fridge freezer, although I am not to bothered about having an ice maker. Obviously it needs to be at least A rated (a quick glance suggests that even a large A rated fridge freezer will use less power than my old ones!) and have a good practical amount of space in both the fridge and freezer.

Ideally we are looking to spend under £1000.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Which is the best make to go for?

By Crikey I thought they'd banned keeping kids in the freezer.....;)

Top Bottom