Best gig you've seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Kirstie said:
I love a good gig, and I've been to loads of fantastic ones. Off the top of my head...Lau at the Loughborough Folk Festival 2008; Violent Femmes, Albert Hall Summer 1991; Editors, O2 Birmingham a few weeks ago; Ministry, Nottingham Rock City, 1993; Orbital at Glastonbury in 1995 and again at the Brixton Academy in 2004/5 (can't remember the year) - their last gig. My first gig was Sky at the Preston Guild Hall in 1980 and I was only 8. That was brilliant too!

Ministry was November '92 (was at the Brixton show on the same tour).

My list: Pretty much any of Mr Jourgensen's shows in London- at a pinch I'd go for the second show of the two at the Astoria in 2003, Rammstein (seen four times so far, all of 'em brilliant), Einstürzende Neubauten at the Astoria in 2000 (2 3/4 hours, every song I wanted them to play and then some), and Metallica at Download '06. Last but not least, Jean-Michel Jarre at Versailles in 1993.

guns and roses @ milton keynes national bowl the original line up 1990 ish. fan bloody tastic. axl rose was sooo sexy !! i was a smitten teen groupy !

prince also fab live

heres my closet confession though. went to see busted with my daughter when she was eight. we won tickets in a comp. they were actually really great !

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There isn't a single best gig for me but a set of favourite gigs.

Flaming Lips - mind blowing visual set at Harewood House 2006

Muse - Sheffield Arena, technical brilliance.

Led Zeppelin - Knebworth 1979, never seen so many people in one place - music was great too.

Peatbog Faeries - various small venues 2006-2009 - bagpipes with attitude

Edward II - Big Session Festival 2009 - English folk delivered through the medium of Reggae

Tom Jones - MEN 2009 as great as ever

On reflection the best gig for me has to be the Led Zepp gig of 1979 - awe and wonder combined with great music with only one minor defect - Chas n Dave played too

Young Un

I can't decide between Enter Shikari, or Dropkick Muprhy's. The first was the event at which I lost my gig virginity. Support bands we're aweful, but listening to techno combined with screamo live has to be one of the best combinations ever! The latter was excellent; stage invasion, mosh pits that was just drunk fat old men dancing aorund, and then me and my mates:biggrin:, oh, and the music was frickin fantastic as well!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Young Un said:
I can't decide between Enter Shikari, or Dropkick Muprhy's. The first was the event at which I lost my gig virginity. Support bands we're aweful, but listening to techno combined with screamo live has to be one of the best combinations ever! The latter was excellent; stage invasion, mosh pits that was just drunk fat old men dancing aorund, and then me and my mates:biggrin:, oh, and the music was frickin fantastic as well!

The stage invasion is a set piece of the Dropkick Murphys that happens at most of their gigs. There were lots of drunken fat men flailing around at the Leeds gig last month but the sound quality was pi55 poor and let them down. The only place where the bagpipes and whistle could be heard was in the toilets. I'd love to see them at a festival - my son reckons they were brilliant at the Leeds Festival a couple of years ago.

Young Un

vernon said:
The stage invasion is a set piece of the Dropkick Murphys that happens at most of their gigs. There were lots of drunken fat men flailing around at the Leeds gig last month but the sound quality was pi55 poor and let them down. The only place where the bagpipes and whistle could be heard was in the toilets. I'd love to see them at a festival - my son reckons they were brilliant at the Leeds Festival a couple of years ago.

Yeah. Whether it's deliberate or not; you can't beat the adrenaline of getting pushed over the barries by previously mentioned fat men, and then running around the stage having a mosh with random guys, and then nicking set lists and towells:biggrin: Sound quality was awesome at the Birmingham O2 Academy, although the lyrics could have been louder! Cracking band though!

Top Bottom