Best hire car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I know this is perilously close to a 'best car?' type question but SWMBO and I hire cars fairly regularly to travel the country because we're too tight practical to shell out for a car of our own.

So, any thoughts as to what makes a good hire car for two people and a little bit of luggage?

Depending on where you want to go/what you want to do, I'd go for something like this:

http://www.hirebuddies.com/?kw=campervan hire&fl=6967&gclid=CJ_x4Y6Qx5MCFQw_MAodknVtDg

Transport/accommodation/food all-in-one, and with a new view every morning/evening!

Maz

Guru
If you're hiring, I'd imagine that most of the fleet will be new cars anyway, in which case any medium size car (preferably hatchback, IME) would do nicely, thank you. Or are you after something sporty?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Can you hire Smart cars if you only have a small amount of luggage?
Other wise go for any good small diesel and enjoy spending your money somewhere other then garages. Measure your luggage and make sure it will fit in the boot under cover though.

theloafer

Legendary Member
just did arran clencoe and week on skye.. hired a vw jetta 2.0 tdi automatic to take g/f around where i cycled last year ..(she dont cycle) car was a dream

Top Bottom