Best Hotel on Newquay or Lands End

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am just starting to plan out my trip to the start of my LEJOG. I am planning on flying into Newquay then going to the start the next day.

I have found a cheap travellodge on Newquay seafront but can anyone recommend a good hotel either close to LE, in between on at Newquay

Ta

Shanks

The best hotel in Newquay is the Headland, fantastic place and excellent service but don't expect Travelodge prices. I'd be very tempted as a way to celebrate the end of the ride.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shanks

Sorry I see you are starting there, either way a Headland breakfast would be a great send off. Good luck with the ride though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I stayed at the "Old Sucess" at Sennen Cove.

Only thing was the friendly staff and locals who make you drink "Doom Bar"

I have always taken the train to Penzance and then the short trip to Land's End. The last time, I was doing a trip to complete the North Coast to Bristol, and I prefer doing the Land's End bit on the first day then taking the cycle route to Sennen Cove. Otherwise you have to start with the crowds at Land's End in the morning. THIs meant I was "on my way" and was preferable to starting the day with the Land's End bit.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
My plan for when I do mine is to cycle from Penzance to Lands End as soon as I get off the train and then cycle around the north coast to St Ives (Not booked somewhere to stay yet). It makes the next day, the hilliest, to Okehampton more manageable and gives me a nice easy start.

Why not stay at the Travelodge in Hayle? You could book your first two nights there. the night before the start, then the morning of your start day you ride about 17 miles to Land's End, start and ride another 17 miles back to your hotel.

A gentle 34 miles for your first day. You could leave some of your kit in the hotel and do an early re-assessment when you return for your second night.

May I suggest you have a look at Travelodge (no connection), their hotels are quite well placed for an End to End and if booked well in advance are pretty cheap.

Bradders123

Newquay is quite a distance from LE on the train as you have to go via Par so although it looks close...you are looking at close to 2 hours on a train!

Definitely start somewhere further West!

subaqua

What’s the point
Newquay is quite a distance from LE on the train as you have to go via Par so although it looks close...you are looking at close to 2 hours on a train!

Definitely start somewhere further West!
and its not a great service either

Top Bottom