Best Hybrid bike £500 or under?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope, white, hence far nicer ;) , the 2011 sport is black...black bikes are UGLY :whistle:

I am guessing at 18, you are finished growing? You'll need a medium I think, but check the Spesh site

You need more grippy tyres, I am not familiar with Armadillos, they are more puncture proof, dunno if more grippy, have more tread though?

OP
OP
L

LC155

Nope, white, hence far nicer ;) , the 2011 sport is black...black bikes are UGLY :whistle:

I am guessing at 18, you are finished growing? You'll need a medium I think, but check the Spesh site

You need more grippy tyres, I am not familiar with Armadillos, they are more puncture proof, dunno if more grippy, have more tread though?

Haha :tongue:

I doubt it, guys usually grow well into their 20s anyway. I've seen many people small at 18, then a couple of years later have shot up.

For the tyres, I heard these are pretty good: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/all-condition-armadillo-tyre-ec001821?query=tyres

OP
OP
L

LC155

They look just like the stock tyres on my Sirrus ... no more grip at all, just more puncture proof :whistle:

Well, bugger. :tongue:

How about these? http://www.evanscycl...c001839#answers

Wait, you sure? I see this at the bottom:

"
Due to the technical nature of this Bike and the UK supplier wishes, its only available to buy in-store. We suggest you come to one of our Stores and see the full range, even take one for a test ride and get advice from the Fudge’s bike experts."​

vickster

Legendary Member
Wait, you sure? I see this at the bottom:

"
Due to the technical nature of this Bike and the UK supplier wishes, its only available to buy in-store. We suggest you come to one of our Stores and see the full range, even take one for a test ride and get advice from the Fudge’s bike experts."​

Missed that, bugger indeed

Time to ask mummy to take you shopping in Aberdeen ;)

OP
OP
L

LC155

Had a more in depth look about both Trek and the Sirrus. So the Trek comes with 700x35c and the Sirrus does 28. That's the only difference which would make it unsuitable? The Sirrus couldn't be upgraded any?

Failing that, I'll have a look at Wiggle, and of course the LBS' nearby. Thanks for helping. :smile:

And lol. :tongue:

vickster

Legendary Member
Good luck. I don't know if you can put fatter tyres on the Sirrus, whether there is room.

I had an old women's 7.2 WSD I think it was, great bike, nimble, light, I'd say better than the Sirrus actually, just decided it was too small (while the Sirrus is a bit big) :rolleyes:

I would probably take those paths at average riding speeds, not plowing through them. As for riding in the wet, I'd try to avoid it. I'd hate it. (Haha nono, you're thinking of the west side. The east side of Scotland is quite tame compared to the west).

I've worked in the area for a good while. You're not going to convince me :tongue:

Crosstrail seems like a good bet for those paths with a short travel fork. EBC stock something similar from Giant (Roam). Though having said that I've got an older model Giant Escape, basically a rigid fork version of their hardtail mtb of the time (XTC) with 26" wheels and I'd be quite happy to ride those paths on it.

Top Bottom