best hydration products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What's in that stuff?

Product Summary. Lemon Syrup. Ingredients. Sugar, Water, Lemon Juice from Concentrate (20%),Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Acid: Citric Acid, Flavourings, Stabiliser: E445. Nutrition. Typical values. For 100 ml* � Energy. 153kJ. Energy. 36kcal. Recycling. Component. Material. Recyclable.
Source

E445

Edit: It's a favourite of mine. Being a typical remoaner my cupboard is packed with quinoa and poncy foreign muck.

Last edited:
I like High 5 - £10 a tub from a wiggle. It probably wouldn't make any difference to my performance\recovery if I used plain water. When Im working hard on my bike I like something with a bit of taste. At any cafe stops I head for the bananas and milk shakes - no idea of the science but it makes me feel better.

Same goes for food really - I could survive on porridge, carrots and fish- but I wouldn't want to.

My routine for longer rides High 5 drink, Oat bars on the ride - boiled eggs and banana's at the roadside. I think its a case of whats works for you.

I like High 5 - £10 a tub from a wiggle. It probably wouldn't make any difference to my performance\recovery if I used plain water. When Im working hard on my bike I like something with a bit of taste. At any cafe stops I head for the bananas and milk shakes - no idea of the science but it makes me feel better.

Same goes for food really - I could survive on porridge, carrots and fish- but I wouldn't want to.

My routine for longer rides High 5 drink, Oat bars on the ride - boiled eggs and banana's at the roadside. I think its a case of whats works for you.

If I were you, I'd watch out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39459831

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Water with a zero high5 tablet or two when doing any sort of ride beyond 30miles

dfthe1

Water with just a splash of squash for me, for a bit of taste. I like Ocean Spray cranberry.

I find buying squash harder and harder, though. I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners, but it's really difficult to find squashes without them now.

I'll be really interested to see how we view artificial sweeteners in a decade or so -- I don't think they're as 'healthy' as they're made out to be.

tyred

Legendary Member
I like my preferred hydration product so much that I have it piped into my home
Quality%2Bof%2BTap%2BWater%2Bin%2BSaudi%2BArabia.jpg

ojoman

Love those High5 tabs - especially the ones with caffeine in them. Sometimes I put BCAAs in to help with recovery, but I guess the jury still out on their usefulness.

thecube

I quite like the high 5 zero tablets. Whilst water is normally fine, I find these tablets are good for the colder months when I don't want to drink as regularly as the summer. They also contain vital electrolytes that can be lost during dehydration, therefore hydrate quicker than just water. They normally have no added sugars too.

Milzy

Guru
The local river water put through my RO unit then power heads pump it around for a day to PH balance it. Tastes better than Volvic.

Top Bottom