Best method ever!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Quite by accident, I discovered a fabutastic method for smoothing out my pedalling on a fixie at high cadences.

It is highly effective, easy to use and really quite cheap.

To do it you need the following:

1. A steep hill with a metalled surface.

2. A fixed-gear bicycle.

3. £4.73 in loose change (other amounts might also be effective).

All you do is start at or near the top of the hill facing in a downhill-type direction with the loose change in one of the rear pockets of your cycling top. All the change must be in the same pocket.

Then you descend as fast and fearlessly as ever you have descended.

You will lose sight of your knees and the money will start to clatter and jingle and jump about.

The 'improvement technique' is to descend at crazy-high speeds while trying to stop the money from jingling about in an audible fashion.

It works very well indeed.

As a bonus you can use the same money the next time you try it, even the time after that. In fact, I've extrapolated the data collected to date and I believe the mony can be re-used almost infinitely.

Is this the BEST EVER method for improving high-cadence smoothness in your pedalling?

If it isn't, what is?

(It must cost less than a road on a hill, a bicycle and £4.73 in change.)

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Is this the BEST EVER method for improving high-cadence smoothness in your pedalling?

If it isn't, what is?

(It must cost less than a road on a hill, a bicycle and £4.73 in change.)

I was going to suggest a cheaper way to do it, but it actually works out as needing $8 in change (which is about £5), so I won't bother.

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

I regret that some of the replies on this thread suggest that contributors do not take my idea seriously.

I posted in the belief that I had raised the bar in the search for new levels of excellence in high-cadence training techniques.

All I got back was some stuff about bananas and plums.

I've decided to drop this area or research and move to something simpler.

I'm going to invent a guaranteed bringer of lasting peace to the Middle East for less than £17.50 including all taxes.

When I post it on line, no smutty fruit jokes please.

£18.50 maybe... £17.50 !!!!! cant be done on that budget :wacko:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I personally found your post to be inspired, and do not like fruit enough to employ it metaphorically or otherwise. I would only suggest that when presenting your new idea about peace in the Middle East through a serious venue such as FP or MBUK (which I believe now employs a correspondent who covers conflict resolution when he's not busy judging wet T-shirt contests), you consider the human cost -- far more than £17.50! -- should you actually succeed: arms dealers need to eat, too.

Jezston

Über Member
Where do you find a hill with a metal surface?

Wouldn't that be a bit risky, especially in the wet?

I'm not sure you've thought this through.

just jim

The house we moved into had loose change sewed into the curtain hems. I'd say it was about a fiver's worth, though there were a few washers mixed in, the steengy gets.

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

The house we moved into had loose change sewed into the curtain hems. I'd say it was about a fiver's worth, though there were a few washers mixed in, the steengy gets.

My mother-in-law taught me that. It makes the curtains hang nicely. Also keeps them in place in front of a draughty window.

However, it is no help at all with high-cadence pedalling. Do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

For that help in that matter, please read the OP.

Also, current research suggests that change sewn into curtain hems will not help in the Middle East. I will say more on this when I know more.

Top Bottom