Best of Africa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
EXCELLENT!

Andyg63

Having just been clearing photo’s from my tiny Asus net-book for my up & coming tour I’ve placed some of the best photo's from the London - Cape Town tour in my Picasa album - it was difficult keeping it to just 60!! Enjoy

Click here:
Great photos, spent a fees yrs cycling in Africa, always enjoy seeing other peoples photos of Africa, fantastic place and people
Andy

MikeG

Guru
Lovely!

I drove the length of Africa in 1994/95. Here are one or two scanned slides from that trip.

b6gJJVM.jpg

nOuYm8N.jpg

0AptY6W.jpg

O2mAHUo.jpg

These are from Central African Republic and Zaiire (as was).

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@Yellow7 great photos, did you do that tour on your own?

Julia9054

Guru
Zimbabwe, Malawi,Ethiopia,South Africa lived out in Zimbabwe for 5yrs no photo's never been any good at taking them just lots of good memories
Andyg63
Lived in Zimbabwe myself for 2 years (1990 - 1992). Taught science in a girls school in Bulawayo. Shared my flat for a while with a couple who were preparing to cycle back to Birmingham! They made it back all the way to Spain where they accidentally camped in a dry river bed which became suddenly a not dry river bed! They lost all their stuff and flew the last bit home.

Having just been clearing photo’s from my tiny Asus net-book for my up & coming tour I’ve placed some of the best photo's from the London - Cape Town tour in my Picasa album - it was difficult keeping it to just 60!! Enjoy

Click here:

Blimey, you made it. I remember seeing you in the local rag starting out.

congratulations.

from another Ex Radcliffe pupil.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Great pics! I will be in Nigeria and DRC in less than a month.Do you remember the name of the hotel in Kinshasa where you met the aid workers? That pool looks quite nice!

<<<<<< see my avatar!

OP
OP
Yellow7

Yellow7

Über Member
@Yellow7 great photos, did you do that tour on your own?
CarIP, yes it was a solo tour. Obviously both advantages and disadvantages to it, I mean, who could put up with me for a year!!

Blimey, you made it. I remember seeing you in the local rag starting out.
congratulations.
from another Ex Radcliffe pupil.
Really? It’s a small world! I was there 81-85.
Tomorrow (8th May) I restart the tour I attempted last year to Singapore.

Great pics! I will be in Nigeria and DRC in less than a month. Do you remember the name of the hotel in Kinshasa where you met the aid workers? That pool looks quite nice!
<<<<<< see my avatar!
I stayed at Saint Anne Catholic Missionary Guest House (just up the road from the River Congo ferry port), at the time most the building was having major re-work done so rooms were (luckily) scarce as quite expensive (on my budget) so the Reverend allowed me to camp on the lawn, and just pay a small fee for the breakfast’s. The swimming pool was nice but located at a different hotel a few km’s away, taken to by some American U.N workers I met minutes after departing the ferry, I stayed in Kinshasa a week while awaiting the Angolan visa.

I love your avatar! I drank many of those, infact by chance I met the company’s national sales manager (he was Danish) and allowed me stay at their hospitality guest house in for a few days at the border town of Matadi, next to Angola.

Are you going to be cycling in Nigeria and DR Congo, or on business?

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
On business, sadly. I have thought about cycling in Nigeria but it has never attracted me enough. Have cycled in SA, did the Cape Argus three times.

Top Bottom