Best place to pick up a 2nd hand Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crossd

We've decided to invest in a Brompton. We've had a Decathlon Hoptown 5 for just over a year and found it to be a very useful and versatile bike and think having two would be a good plan, for taking on weekends away etc.

I've decided on a Brompton, preferably an M6R or H6R. I've been on the lookout on Ebay but they don't seem to go for bargain prices!
I was wondering if anyone had any top tips for Brompton buying? Things to look out for when Brompton buying? Any sites known for good quality, well priced Brommies?

If I don't pick one up before the next Ride to work scheme then I'll probably buy new on the scheme - but not sure how it will work as an M6R seems to come in at just over £1000 - the limit for the scheme.
Hi we are selling a vintage 5 speed beautiful immaculate well loved brompton for £500.00 ono we are in glasgow but could get delivered ? selling due to knee replacement surgery

crossd

Brompton (vintage) folding bike. Yellow. New M type handle bar with new 5speed Sturmey Archer Gears. Version R. Steel frame. Front and rear luggage block and rack with wheels. Standard saddle height. reflectors and old dynamo. excellent condition. fully serviced well loved careful lady owner. Yellow.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Hi we are selling a vintage 5 speed beautiful immaculate well loved brompton for £500.00 ono we are in glasgow but could get delivered ? selling due to knee replacement surgery
Oh thank you, but I have a Brompton now though it's currently in the bike shop awaiting repairs after my recent hit and run!

dunxmac

Regular
Hi,

Is this still for sale? Are the 5 gears in the hub? Do you have any more pictures? How 'vintage' is vintage? I'm in Edinburgh - could collect. Thanks, Duncan

I think that confirms the remarkable extent to which they hold their value.

My 5 speed cost me £650 about 15 years ago.

Compare that to a car that loses a substantial percentage as soon as it drives a yard off the showroom floor.

Top Bottom