Best place to watch Olympicc RR with kids?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Ok, am planning a trip down to London from Yorkshire with my 6 yo lad to watch the Men's RR.

I've not got tickets for any of the ticketed areas, and am looking for somewhere not too crowded, so that the inevitable "I need a wee" moment from my son, means we lose whatever place we've got, but also somewhere where it's not a 30second "whoooosh" and they're gone moment, so possibly somewhere either on the Box Hill (non ticketed loop) or in Hampton Court or Richmond Park areas where at least you get to see them on the outbound and inbound parts of the course?

Ideally as well it'd be somewhere where there is access to a screen to watch the rest of the race.

Any advice or suggestions very welcomed.

Apologies it this information is available elsewhere but i wanted it specific to having small children as baggage in attendance.

festival

Über Member
Look up the "Surrey Hills road race festival" at Denbies Wine Estate. Its a short walk from BR stations and close to the bottom of box hill. Its going to have big screens and other entertainment, free entry, toilets, food & drink etc.
Its going to be mad around the circuit but even if you don't get on the hill you will see them pass 9 times and be able to watch the race unfold on the screen.

Ben Ebdon

Look at the ZICO Box Hill Festival of Cycling. It's free (ticket only) and INSIDE the loop the guys do 9 times and women twice.
Licensed from Friday evening, Saturday 6am - 1am and Sunday 1am to 6pm.

Some of the best free places to watch are just a one minte walk - and there are big screens tO watch the start and finish.

It's aimed more at the serious cyclist/triathlete - and there's live music and kids activities

Top Bottom