Best theme park ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
What's your favourite?

Rita Queen of Speed at Alton Towers has to be mine at the moment. 0-100 in 2.5 seconds. woohoo! :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The one in America thats a lift. The name has gone out of my head. Thats a good one.
Space Mountain in Disney land paris was good, but i dont think its as good.
Rocking Rollercoaster in America was one i enjoyed.
There was an Indiana Jones ride, that got up to a good speed and did a loop. I was young and was being pushed down into the seat and thought i was going to pop out.
What happened to that ride in American Adventure then wasnt a full loop, and you went up a ramp, then went round farword then did it all again in reverse?

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Up to about 8 years ago, there was a classic wooden roller coaster in Morecambe. Mid week, in the summer, you used to be able to get a really cheap evening pass and just go round and round and round for hours on it.

Then I went back one summer and it had all gone. Demolished for redevelopment. But all these years later there's so sign of any new buildings. Why did they have to knock my big dipper down so soon? Snot fair!

longers

Legendary Member
Tim Bennet. said:
Up to about 8 years ago, there was a classic wooden roller coaster in Morecambe. Mid week, in the summer, you used to be able to get a really cheap evening pass and just go round and round and round for hours on it.

Then I went back one summer and it had all gone. Demolished for redevelopment. But all these years later there's so sign of any new buildings. Why did they have to knock my big dipper down so soon? Snot fair!

They're going to buid a Freeport shopping monstrosity there so you can have a trip to the seaside and spend all your time indoors.:biggrin: It's been a long time in the making though as they knocked Frontierland down about 7 years ago :biggrin::biggrin:!.

The ride was a belter though eh? THE TORNADO!!!!!
On the first dip there was a huge branch which came across the track and no matter how many times you went on it always looked like it would decapitate you.:biggrin:
We used to have races on there. As soon as the ride set off you cracked open your tinny and the first to finish was "the quickest at drinking beer on the rollercoaster". It's one thing I was very good at.:biggrin:

My favourite ride is not a ride as such but a Cinema 2000. The large dome which projected car chases, helicopters going over the Grand Canyon, motorbikes, speedboats etc onto the inside. Loved 'em. It was always good to take your eyes from the screen and watch a crowd of people swaying around like Weebles as they followed the action.

When I was young, my parents used to take us to the Kursal in Southend. I liked the 'Big Dipper'; it was a thrill then, probably quite tame now (although I don't think it's there anymore).
Went on the 'Free-Fall' here in Stockholm. A 70-metre drop in three seconds (the longest three seconds I've experienced). Scary, to say the least. :biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
well, i watched a programme on rollercoasters once. it goes something like this.

some people believe it's not a "proper" rollercoaster unless it's wooden (personally i don't care).

no rollercoaster which works by using gravity can go above 4.5 G's. apparently, when you get a fall, twist or a turn, it goes from negative G to positive G and vice versa which is when you get that great feeling.

Rita, at Alton Towers, works using magnets to propel it, hence why it can reach 4.7G.

i've only ridden rollercoasters in this country :biggrin:

rollercoasters release the same hormone that is released when you orgasm. hence why people love them!

Bigtallfatbloke

there are some pretty cool rollercoaster ides at the Europa park in Rust Germany. When I was there it was Halloween and the entire place was covered in thousand and thousands (no exaggeration) of pumpkins

walker

Joe24 said:
The one in America thats a lift. The name has gone out of my head. Thats a good one.
Space Mountain in Disney land paris was good, but i dont think its as good.
Rocking Rollercoaster in America was one i enjoyed.
There was an Indiana Jones ride, that got up to a good speed and did a loop. I was young and was being pushed down into the seat and thought i was going to pop out.
What happened to that ride in American Adventure then wasnt a full loop, and you went up a ramp, then went round farword then did it all again in reverse?

I think its terror towers.

I like pretty much all of them in Busch Gardens in Florida, but I forget their names too.

I like the ride at alton Towers, I think its oblivion, although when I went along there was a technical problem and a carriage got stuck at the top and I nearly walked away

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
Bearing in mind the length of the queues at Alton Towers, isn't it quicker to use a bloke? :biggrin:

I think the trouble is, that's not such a dead cert for a result...:biggrin:

Been a long time since I was on a rollercoaster, but I always liked The Big One at Blackpool, and Nemesis at Alton Towers. And there was a wooden one I went on, at Lightwater Valley I think, felt really fast compared with the steel tube type...

Arch said:
I think the trouble is, that's not such a dead cert for a result...:biggrin:

Been a long time since I was on a rollercoaster, but I always liked The Big One at Blackpool, and Nemesis at Alton Towers.

Nemesis is great - I went mid week once and there were no queues. :biggrin: I was able to do it over and over again. :biggrin: Buggi would have enjoyed it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
What's that big water one (Alton Towers? I wasn't paying attention) where you all sit in a big fat boat, go up, up, up, round a bend, then wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! to a big splash down at the bottom, and you all get very wet indeed. Simple, but effective! :biggrin:

walker

Fnaar said:
What's that big water one (Alton Towers? I wasn't paying attention) where you all sit in a big fat boat, go up, up, up, round a bend, then wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! to a big splash down at the bottom, and you all get very wet indeed. Simple, but effective! :biggrin:

the log flume? the one with all the ducks and you sit in a bath?

Dunno

Top Bottom