Best time of year to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Passifid

Regular
I keep reading that the best time is now to a month due to model changes but one of the guys at my lbs says probably after Christmas to January sales. I don't intend to buy there necessarily so I wondered for advice.

Many thanks

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i would say its when you see the bike you want at the price you can afford

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The later you leave it the cheaper the 2015 models will get, however if you are set on a particular bike and size you run the risk of it going of stock.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No one wants to pay too much, but you are buying a bike, not a deal.

One thing against buying this time of year is the weather is closing in which may limit the opportunities to use your new bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
Some manufacturers release next years models as early as early as May, so the outgoing-model-bargain-hunting-season is quite drawn out. Regular trawling of shop Windows, mags and websites mixed with a bit of patience pays off any time between about May and April...

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I had a 20% offer come through on an email in July, so I bought the Giant Revolt I was expecting to buy in September.

I just bought a 2015 model, one of the few shops still to have the right frame size and actually in stock. Most others were becoming limited to 50 or 60 frames only or saying they had stock when they didn't
I agree with Biggs though,

Dave7

Legendary Member
You can get 20% off Giant round about September-November. Wait till January and you can get 40% off (as I did :smile: ).....BUT you are chancing that you can get the one you want in your size.
If you give us a clue what type/size of bike you are after someone may be able to give you a "heads up" as Cyclist33 did for me in January...............for which I am still extremely grateful.

huwsparky

Über Member
You can get 20% off Giant round about September-November. Wait till January and you can get 40% off (as I did :smile: ).....BUT you are chancing that you can get the one you want in your size.
If you give us a clue what type/size of bike you are after someone may be able to give you a "heads up" as Cyclist33 did for me in January...............for which I am still extremely grateful.
What bike did you get 40% off on? What size frame was it?

OP
OP
P

Passifid

Regular
Many thanks for the advice :smile: I'm simply looking for a first road style bike with some off road potential so I found cyclo cross. I was looking at bikes like genesis cda series and pinnicle was recommended too but really anything that's good value for money about £700 after discount is my goal. Also I've been told by my local evans according to their size chart I'm a 58 cm. Again thanks

I searched for months and for the money the day ones, cda. Cdf and equilibrium are great bikes and good value. Equilibrium is above your price bracket but the others can be had for it.

Venod

Eh up
I'm 5' 10" and a 31" inside leg, a 56cm frame in Genesis bikes if that helps ya

I think its best to try the bike for yourself, at 5' 10" with a 32 inside leg I ride 54cm road frames a 51cm cyclo cross a medium Genisis MTB, not all bikes are the same size even if it says they are, I appreciate you were just talking about Genisis, but frame size is very individual specific.

I think its best to try the bike for yourself, at 5' 10" with a 32 inside leg I ride 54cm road frames a 51cm cyclo cross a medium Genisis MTB, not all bikes are the same size even if it says they are, I appreciate you were just talking about Genisis, but frame size is very individual specific.

Yes was just referring purely to Genesis and a ball park idea. Not guaranteed

Dave7

Legendary Member
What bike did you get 40% off on? What size frame was it?
I actually got 2 bikes.......both with 40% off. Giant Defy Advanced Carbon & a Talon 1 hard tail.
Remember I said I got them in January......so that is no indication of what they will have this January.

Top Bottom