Best time to replace worn tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
For true frugality - dispose of back, move the front to the rear and get a new front.
out-frugaling an accountant is a risky business, but you could put new tyres on front and back for wet rides and put the old ones back on for dry rides.

My Marathon+ Brompton tyres are indestructible. One puncture in four years (and none on Susie's in a year) and no sign of wear on tyres that are eighteen months old.

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
One puncture in four years (and none on Susie's in a year) and no sign of wear on tyres that are eighteen months old.
I wasn't overly impressed with the fact that I had a puncture within 100 miles of fitting them... still, that was over 3,000 miles ago so I'm not complaining :thumbsup: Given that I have to remove any thoughts of n+1 from my head (proving extremely difficult!), I am considering going for Durano+ instead of Marathon+ to save a bit of weight and hopefully make progress feel a wee bit zippier.

byegad

Legendary Member
Wait until it slides out from under you and you get almost run over by the following car.

Or, as said above, you've answered your own question.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Don't compromise your safety on the road. new tyres no if's or but's. I change my tyres on the first sign of them falling to pieces and your bike alway's looks better with new shreddies............Outstandifold on the wetty grippers.....maximost mileodes

Top Bottom