best tips for buying online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jwc0102

hi, i was wondering if anyone has good tips for buying online I'm quite a new cycler so don't know what to avoid and what is a great buy
thanks alot

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn't if not confident. Support your local shop, many are prepared to flex on price :smile: Fit is key with bikes, you can't check that online. If it's not comfortable, you won;t want to ride it or risk injury and you'll lose money selling it on

However, if that's the way you want to go, post some links on here for folks to comment upon :smile:

What are you looking for and what's your budget?

OP
OP
J

jwc0102

thanks on that advice my budget is quite limited but as you said i want to be safe on the road i am looking for a road bike not sure what make yet but a decent one that will help me improve alot

OP
OP
J

jwc0102

thanks very much for that advice i think i will either go for the tiban 5 road bike or as you said look for ex-demo/display model :bicycle::blush:

400bhp

Guru
Don't forget if you're buying online you'll have to set it up yourself. That might seem very easy for most of us here but nit always obvious to a beginner.

Or you could take it to a shop to build up.

vickster

Legendary Member
How limited is your budget. The tribans at decathlon are generally better specced than similar halfords bikes. Never buy full price form halfords, they have numerous 'sales'

Halfords have a rep for being crap at setting up bikes properly, some branches are ok but they seem to be the exception!

OP
OP
J

jwc0102

oh ok my budget is definitely not really as much as i want it to be so max is about 350 - 400 so there is a very limited range in that range so that's why i look at there range

OP
OP
J

jwc0102

ok how about the Dawes Giro 300 (sorry for asking so many questions i just have no idea about the technical stuff)

vickster

Legendary Member
Spec? The triban 500 has carbon forks and Sora STI shifters and weighs under 11kg, those are good benchmarks

Top Bottom