Best tool find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
About 15 years ago I left 2 cantilever style tool boxes at my parents house. And earlier this week I was reunited with them and found the Campag tool amongst all the other ones.
What is your best tool find?
WP_20150416_001.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The best or the worst tool I ever found was 42 years ago. Its called a husband.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Resisting (for once) the obvious potential for a Miss Goodbody quip, I have these, as posted about back in 2012:

uploadfromtaptalk1340911437699-jpg.10446.jpg

Anyone know owt about Mafac tools from France? I was given these about 10yrs ago by someone who thought he may have had them since 1940s, but wasn't sure.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Out for a ride I spotted an 11mm combination spanner lying beside the road.

It fits satellite and DAB aerial connectors.

At the time I was messing around with that stuff in my static caravan, so I was glad of a spanner I could leave there all the time.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to visit a second-hand woodworking tool shop quite regularly where I picked up a beautiful Miller's Falls plane (American copy of a Stanley plane) and several other traditional hand tools, all of which I use nowadays for the odd DIY project. They have more than repaid the cost and I find a hand plane a good deal less terrifying than a power plane and it's a good workout for the arms and shoulders too.

betype2.jpg

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Best road find was a pair of pump pliers - a godsend for all of us lazy sonsofbitches who can't be bothered to find the right spanner when fettling and can't be bothered with a stilson.

DSC00062.JPG

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I left a Gerber multi tool in a distribution board (fuseboard as most would call it) in an old peoples home in Somerset a few years ago. Didn't realise until I got home (East London at the time). It was the big one and cost me around £100 at the time.
If anybody found it can they send it back please?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Think it was @mickle who recommended a ratchet screwdriver so I bought one and I've got to say it's a great piece of kit.

72752_P.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I used to visit a second-hand woodworking tool shop quite regularly where I picked up a beautiful Miller's Falls plane (American copy of a Stanley plane) and several other traditional hand tools, all of which I use nowadays for the odd DIY project. They have more than repaid the cost and I find a hand plane a good deal less terrifying than a power plane and it's a good workout for the arms and shoulders too.

betype2.jpg
I used to love planing. It's a very satisfying activity, what with the push and the guide and the ribbons curling out and the smell of it and the sound of it....swish...swish....swish!

Top Bottom