Best tool find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hmmm yes I could do with one of those. When they're new those links are a pain.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A tool for all uses

latest?cb=20121220100908

Butty1972

Not bike related but...
We've recently had the bathroom redone, new suite etc and most importantly, new tiles.
I built a new floor standing cabinet from a popular Swedish manufacturer and it looked good, but... I have a toddler who is strong beyond his years and was worried he might pull it over on himself. In fact, I knew he would, let's not mess about. The cabinet is 7' tall and you wouldn't want to lift it, so the thought of him dragging it over didn't really appeal.
So, to secure it to the wall. I fitted a small bracket to the top, but needed to secure this to the *tiled* wall. 2 Command Hooks later I figured I was going to have to drill the tile. the new tile, which SWMBO loves, and has only been up a week......
After a week of nervous fretting about how to drill without cracking the tile, and lots of research online, telling me a normal carbide masonry drill would be fine for ceramic tiles.... I eventually bought a proper 5mm tile/glass drill from B&Q for £8.
Cue nervous sweating, gentle application of said bit to tile and................. it went through it like a bloody lightsaber, no cracks, no fuss, no bother..... I could have saved myself a lot of worry by just getting the right tool for the job first time.

So, the moral of the story, life is short, your other half terrifies you, buy the right tool first time, save yourself grief....

RWright

Guru
I have found a lot of tools while out riding. My best find was a big super bright rechargeable light. It worked great until I accidentally knocked it off the 8 foot ladder. :sad:

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
20inch whale tail found in a brand new car straight off of the boat, made me a lot of money over the years.

upload_2015-4-17_16-42-20.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to visit a second-hand woodworking tool shop quite regularly where I picked up a beautiful Miller's Falls plane (American copy of a Stanley plane) and several other traditional hand tools, all of which I use nowadays for the odd DIY project. They have more than repaid the cost and I find a hand plane a good deal less terrifying than a power plane and it's a good workout for the arms and shoulders too.

betype2.jpg
That's not a plane
this is more like it
421046_xl.jpg

A No.7 'Jointer' plane

Top Bottom