Best Trail Conditions in years !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
I'm hoping everyone is getting in some fun miles on your bikes this winter. The Fat bike riding conditions have been great this winter in my area, and I've been able to take advantage of some great trails. This year I haven't run into any other Fat bike riders unlike past years which is a little disappointing. I will say the snowmobiles have been out in full force this year and that's great to see them having a great winter also. This region is huge for snowmobiles and the trails are groomed by the local snowmobile club. The only comments I ever get from the snowmobile riders is you have a motor on the bike right. I always let them know I have a two cylinder motor that works just fine. Let's hope we can keep these conditions rolling a little longer, stay safe everyone.
Snowmobile Fun / Nightwish Endlessness - YouTube

Last edited:
looks like you are using battery operated mittens? nice bridge highlight. that center raised snow mound section looks sketchy. super cold = super great hard compacted trails, eh?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
looks like you are using battery operated mittens? nice bridge highlight. that center raised snow mound section looks sketchy. super cold = super great hard compacted trails, eh?

Just didn't have my cycling gloves closed tight. The center of the bridge is a rubber track for the snowmobiles to ride on so they don't tear up the bridge. The trails have been great this year and mostly compacted (not Icey) but you do run into a few soft spots every now and then. I have an extra fat bike if you want to give it a try.

Just didn't have my cycling gloves closed tight. The center of the bridge is a rubber track for the snowmobiles to ride on so they don't tear up the bridge. The trails have been great this year and mostly compacted (not Icey) but you do run into a few soft spots every now and then. I have an extra fat bike if you want to give it a try.
ah interesting. now don't threaten me w/ a good time!

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
started to txt you to take you up on the offer tomorrow, Saturday, looks like a free day for me but then, duh, realized we have a pet groomer coming ... looking forward to riding w/ you again

It was a great day today (half day Friday) out for a tad over 3 hours. Did my climbing route which can be a little tougher in these conditions but still a blast. Near the end of my ride an old hiker saw me coming toward him and remarked I didn't know you could ride a bike in the snow. I stopped and showed him the studded tires and he was amazed that they made tires that big and with studs. I told him they make them with motors too and he was intrigued a bit. :bicycle:

Top Bottom