Best TV program music for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Sabreur said:
The Prisoner

The Flashing Blade

&

Michael Bentine's Potty Time

Blimey,id forgotton about a lot of these,doesnt half take me back to the school hols:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
The Red Dwarf theme,it always reminds me of christmas years ago,must have been when i first saw it.

purpleR

Guru
Ha! excellent - I wouldn't have known how to spell that tune but it's definitely nerrrrrrr

And my new favourite is Porterhouse Blue - theme tune sung by the Flying Pickets. I was probably a bit too young to be allowed to watch this programme first time around but channel 4 are repeating it. It's on 4OD, well worth checking out.

OldSeagul

The original music to the cricket highlights when it was on the BBC - the reggae tune.

Also, the theme music to the Spanish version of Robinson Crusoe back in the 70's.

OldSeagul

SamNichols said:
As a child in the 80s, the classic was the craft type show: 'why don't you?'. It culminated in the line: 'Why don't you turn off your TV set, and do something more constructive instead?'; thanks for the tip guys, I might just do that. Viewing figures for that show must have been quite low.

Wasn't it originally 'Why don't you just switch off your television set and go and do something less boring instead' ? Or is it just my rose tinted hearing aid ?

Membrane

Bergerac

Composed by George Fenton, now a renowned film composer. The only TV program tune in my playlist.

col

Legendary Member
OldSeagul said:
The original music to the cricket highlights when it was on the BBC - the reggae tune.

Also, the theme music to the Spanish version of Robinson Crusoe back in the 70's.

Robinson crusoe,blimey,i forgot about that ,great holiday morning stuff.

Top Bottom