Best way to respect the dead on social media

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Fortunately, I don't do Felchbook, Twatter or WhatsTok, so don't have to weigh my intelect down with such weighty matters. Just was well, as I don't think I'm to be trusted with matters of such importance.
Or spelling, typing, English in general, it would seem! :biggrin:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Tell you what, I just popped in to twitter and my, it's even more of a cess pool than normal. I can only hope that when some of those Tweeters' husbands, granddads etc die, their critics allow them at least a day until they start with the wacky gags and low blows at their beloved relative.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tell you what, I just popped in to twitter and my, it's even more of a cess pool than normal. I can only hope that when some of those Tweeters' husbands, granddads etc die, their critics allow them at least a day until they start with the wacky gags and low blows at their beloved relative.
My twitter's full of hip-hop.

pawl

Legendary Member
Some "old fashioned" (or traditional) approaches still hold true. In the case of speaking about someone just departed (no matter who), if you don't have a high opinion of the deceased, it's dignified to remain silent. You can crow about it another time, if that's your thing.

The "cycling empty roads" comment didn't strike me as being offensive or in too poor a taste, however; If I'd written that, I'd have paused before hitting the big orange button, and likely reflected that it was possibly a thought best kept to myself.
There's many a comment I've drafted on threads here, and then thought "nah", and just left it there in draft.

Well said 👍👍👍

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's perfectly fine to feel sad and not post about it online. Sometimes we're encouraged to act in a certain way, and if we don't do that then it's seen as disrespectful.
I remember when I was 8, my 10 year old cousin died. It hadn't really sunk in, so I was just playing in the lounge whilst my mum and sister wept. Mum then said to me "Did you hear what I said? Kate has died!" I said yes I know. And mum said sternly "Well act like it then!". Quite weird I think, even now.

Drago

Legendary Member
I didn't even type it. I've used to many derogatory terms for Faceberk over the years that my tablet has them all in the dictionary and inserts whatever one it seems to feel like at that moment. Fatuousbook and Fecklessbook are my favourites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom