Best way to sell my car ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Whatever Corsa action you take the prices you get won't be astranomical.
Thats quite good.....very good in fact ^_^

colly

Re member eR
Gumtree.

Mind you the car and van I sold via the site were of the 'lower order' of such things. Mrs Colly's car sold for the asking price literally within 20 mins of my posting the ad.
A van I had bought off Gumtree for £650 4 years or so prior to selling it sold for £600.

Ads are free too. :okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
See what the dealer will give you for them in px against the new one - autos are normally in demand and you might be surprised. We got well over trade for our trade in last time round.

Or try Evans Halshaw, who've been advertising that they'll beat WBAC's best offer.

Mrs M

Guru
Mr M sold his Mazda 6 to “we buy any car”.
Initial enquiry gave a price he was happy enough with.
Had to wait longer than anticipated for his new car then the price for the Mazda had almost halved.
Just cut his losses though as the Mazda only had one key and a warning light kept coming on that would not satisfy a future MOT (nothing wrong just a faulty warning) as far as I recall. He didn’t want to sell privately because of these issues and not happy to lumber someone else with them.
I found the car later on Autotrader at a garage in Luton for more than double what he got.
Sold his previous cars through the local paper, found if it’s a clean, low mileage car on offer usually get a decent price.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
See what the dealer will give you for them in px against the new one - autos are normally in demand and you might be surprised. We got well over trade for our trade in last time round.

Or try Evans Halshaw, who've been advertising that they'll beat WBAC's best offer.
Just tried them.....the same within £50.

be aware with gumtree , I listed a car for my daughter on gumtree last year , gave my phone number as she wasn't confident dealing with enquiries, within 5 mins of listing the calls from ambulance chasers started, , "hello we are calling about a recent accident you had in (insert the car I listed). I had 4 calls in the first 15 mins and removed the phone number from the ad , and said email enquiries only, the calls continued for a few days after, shysters they are.
the car did sell via gumtree and for the asking price

postman

Legendary Member
Webuyanycar. we used them a few years ago,oh boy what an eye opener.less for this less for that oh and paperwork,yes what a time that was.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
As someone else said, look on ebay for your exact car with same spec and mileage. Use the "sold items" function in the filters so you can see what they actually went for. Price yours a few hundred above. it's then up to you how much you're willing to take. I would use Gumtree first. If you don't have any luck, then eBay classifieds. I wouldn't use auction, too many winners who then pull out of the sale, so you have to relist.

But if you're in a rush then chop them both in for part -ex. They'll give you peanuts but depends how hassle-free you want to be. Remember you'll lose out either way (you'll either get a good fair price for your cars and get fleeced for the new one, or vice versa)

Drago

Legendary Member
Place an ad on a few forums. It's free, and if it doesn't sell you'll lose nothing. I've either sold or swapped all my recent cars in such a manner.

Top Bottom