Best way to sell my car ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We no longer need 2 cars so are selling either one or both (to buy a newer one).
Years ago I sold one via autotrader with no problems.......but you hear of so many horror stories now.
My B.I.L just sold his using one of the "we will buy your car" sites........ so I just went on line and checked a couple out. I then looked at similar cars for sale on Autotrader........WOWZA.......the difference is massive-----30% or more.
How would you/have you sold yours ?
And if Autotrader.....how do I value my cars?

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
We no longer need 2 cars so are selling either one or both (to buy a newer one).
Years ago I sold one via autotrader with no problems.......but you hear of so many horror stories now.
My B.I.L just sold his using one of the "we will buy your car" sites........ so I just went on line and checked a couple out. I then looked at similar cars for sale on Autotrader........WOWZA.......the difference is massive-----30% or more.
How would you/have you sold yours ?

The we buy any car sites will quote you a handsome price to get you in the door then they start finding all sorts of reasons to knock the price down once you are there.

Shysters.

vickster

Legendary Member
Autotrader

WBAC as described above

What’s the car?

Bear in mind asking prices on AT aren’t necessarily sale prices, same as eBay

Less hassle but no wbac, you could just chop them both in at the dealer when you get the new car

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You could raffle them.

I’ll have a strip of 5 for a quid please.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Autotrader

WBAC as described above

What’s the car?

Bear in mind asking prices on AT aren’t necessarily sale prices, same as eBay

Less hassle but no wbac, you could just chop them both in at the dealer when you get the new car
One is a Corsa petrol auto 13 plate......other is an Astra petrol auto 65 plate.
Both very low mileage

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Autotrader, to get the price, search for your exact car (Age, Miles, Spec) and compare prices. Please don't use we buy any car car

vickster

Legendary Member
Really? Only used Gumtree YEARS ago but assumed it was for cheaper stuff like bikes etc.
Gumtree are now owned by eBay

What car are you planning on buying? Another Vauxhall? Speak to dealer too
Although why not just keep the Astra, it’s hardly old :smile:

Top Bottom