best way to watch the Giro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I have freeview and a PC (with slowish internet connection)

what's the best way to watch the Giro, either live or highlights?

I could do the research myself but figured someone on CC will just know this in 1 second!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
eurosport

Tommy2

Über Member
Is there a way to get Eurosport in freeview without doing the topup tv thing?
I have a digital recorder so want to record the cycling of Eurosport to watch later on a big screen without having to do the Eurosport player through laptop to tv route.
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Is there a way to get Eurosport in freeview without doing the topup tv thing?
I have a digital recorder so want to record the cycling of Eurosport to watch later on a big screen without having to do the Eurosport player through laptop to tv route.
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread

No. There just isn't the bandwidth for that many tv channels on freeview and the BBC due to legacy reasons to do with the collapse of ITV digital got an overly generous bandwidth provision which we're stuck with. That and we don't really do CAM slots so there isn't the 'demand' for 'pay tv' on DTT.

If you had a satellite and were willing to play around with it, but I can't even remember whether the old free analogue eurosport from germany has actually closed it's been such a long time since anyone asked.

Tommy2

Über Member
No. There just isn't the bandwidth for that many tv channels on freeview and the BBC due to legacy reasons to do with the collapse of ITV digital got an overly generous bandwidth provision which we're stuck with. That and we don't really do CAM slots so there isn't the 'demand' for 'pay tv' on DTT.

If you had a satellite and were willing to play around with it, but I can't even remember whether the old free analogue eurosport from germany has actually closed it's been such a long time since anyone asked.
Cheers

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Procyclinglive.com is where I get most of the links for the TV calendar post stickied on this forum. Steephill.tv and sportlemon.tv also have links. Myiplayer.com is a good fall back for when cycling is being broadcast but it's not live.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
From a helicopter following the race. Failing that, Eurosport covers it, failing that, there's the internet for news and feeds, failing that, there is audio commentary most days on BBC radio 5 live extra (although not everyday frustratingly).

ajclarkson

If you've got an iPad (and maybe on android tablets too, I don't know) you can also get a subscription to the Eurosport Player for £2 a month, without a contract so can cancel at any time. That's how I'm watching it at the minute. I think you can get a website subscription for computer/laptop for about £5 a month, but don't know if there is a minimum contract on that one

Top Bottom