Betting odds on the Worlds and TdF 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
World Champs RR
Gilbert 3/1
Sagan 7/2
Valverde 8/1
Goss 11/1
EBH 12/1
Boonen 14/1
Gerrans, Rodriguez, Freire 16/1
Voeckler 18/1
Cavendish 20/1
Sammy and Luis Leon 20/1
JTL 25/1
Goss is an odd choice. I may have a small wager on Gerrans for value

Clearly a bit early but not much to disagree with here?
TdF
Contador 2/1
Froome 11/4
Wiggins 9/2
A Schleck 10/1
Teejay VG 22/1
Evans 22/1

Wiggins as got to be worth a few quid at 9/2

tigger

Über Member
It would help if we knew the course first wouldn't it? There's a few rumours here if you haven't seen them before.

http://www.velopeloton.com/2013-tour-de-france-route/

TTT could cost Bertie a bit of time. Bit early to make predictions but I have (blind?) faith in Wiggo. Looking forward to seeing him battle with Bertie. Froome can play the bridesmaid again as far as I'm concerned

Buddfox

Veteran
I wonder if the TdF odds are anticipating Froome leaving Team Sky or not...? Gerrans does look good value... my heart says EBH.

Slaav

Veteran
Although new to cycling and not knowing an awful lot, assuming Froome does jump ship, I cannot see him in major contention for TdF next year without a really strong team around him. Whilst he was a super Domestique this year, that menat he had (up to) 7 guys 'leading' him out before he guarded or released Wiggo?

Where else will he get that kind of talent and support?

EBH was one of those and often the last chap to drop off before Froome. If hilly, surely he has to be a safe pair of hands if Wiggo isnt up to it and Froome has left?

If hilly, Froome has to stay at Sky and have 6 chaps, (with or without Cav) and then EBH/Wiggo followed by the other one as a SD? that would set Froome up better than any other team in this year's TdF?

Interesting times.....

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
I'll put him in for you!

Ah, cool - thought I had missed something. 20s? Wow...

zizou

Veteran
The way things have gone since Wiggins TdF victory (and the hope that the Tour represented the start of a new chapter of cleaner riding) is that unrepetent dopers have won the big ones - namely the Olympic road race and Vuelta...so on that basis Valverde :sad:

Who is leading the Spanish team? Rodriguez and Freire are strong contenders too.

thom

____
EBH was one of those and often the last chap to drop off before Froome. If hilly, surely he has to be a safe pair of hands if Wiggo isnt up to it and Froome has left?

If hilly, Froome has to stay at Sky and have 6 chaps, (with or without Cav) and then EBH/Wiggo followed by the other one as a SD? that would set Froome up better than any other team in this year's TdF?
Re EBH, I can't remember him being the one to drop off before Froome at any point in the TdF if that is what you mean.
It's funny, one of the Guardian columnists claimed this at one point too. EBH is not a climber as such, more so a ruler and a bit of a sprinter at times. On a mountain stage, I think the sequence would have been something like Knees/EBH/Sivtsov/Rogers/Porte/Froome/Wiggins.

Slaav

Veteran
Re EBH, I can't remember him being the one to drop off before Froome at any point in the TdF if that is what you mean.
It's funny, one of the Guardian columnists claimed this at one point too. EBH is not a climber as such, more so a ruler and a bit of a sprinter at times. On a mountain stage, I think the sequence would have been something like Knees/EBH/Sivtsov/Rogers/Porte/Froome/Wiggins.

Damn - I think you are right - EBH was always one of the last on the falt, especially the lead out for the sprints.... As such, I gues swith a hilly stage, they would be much better with Rogers or Porte although wasnt it Richie Porte that got pipped at the post on aone of the Vuelta climbs; imagine doing all of that work and losing by 20 yds after that much climbing and 160+km. :sad:

I did say that I was no expert :smile:

Top Bottom