Betting on the GT's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

rich p said:
I think that's why it's called a bet!:smile:

and why I don't bet at all!

But there are bets and bets. The winner of a title fight when there are only 2 contenders or the cycling event where there are hundreds. Add into that, there are any number of riders capable of winning, and the chances of any one of them having a simple puncture or mechanical that'd stuff all the best laid plans etc, then it really starts making picking a winner close to pure luck!

mondobongo

Über Member
chfp77 said:
Christ,wish i hadnt seen this post.This is gonna be an expensive start to the year. Hincapie 14s for Paris-roubaix.

Thats a great price for him, more than capable of winning it and probably his last real chance thats were my money is going.

yello

Dave5N said:
Wish I'd had £1000 on a certain manxman this week...

Me too. I nearly used that as an example. I guess the odds on Cav where pretty good. Partly my point.

But I'm not sure I agree that odds aren't about probability. Certainly the bookie must figure it in when deriving the odds. The punter probably has a different take on it, a pleasure aspect too, but even then they'd probably not make an impossible bet even if it did have enticing odds.

Top Bottom