Beverley - suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
zacklaws said:
Was that you I saw this morning Soltydog just in front of me at Molescroft at the roundabout, about 0948, just going onto the cycletrack heading towards Cherry Burton, wearing a red and white top, I was about 100yds behind, blue top and going left towards Beverley.

Wasn't me mate. I was only just a bit earlier than that, but wearing a blue top :smile:

zacklaws

Guru
Oh well my opticians apointment with Specsavers is a month overdue, think its time I went.

Whilst having a few beers this afternoon, one of the regulars told us that they had ploughed into the road works and punctured on the ramps where the road works are.

OP
OP
C

Comatosed

Thanks all for the tips. Just went for a short ride but despite a really heavy shower at around 1 it was a fabulous day. Went up the B1248 to The Pipe and Glass Inn at South Dalton then over to the Wellington Inn at Lund. I quite liked the farmers bar! Then out towoards Lockington and back to Beverley via some of the more minor country lanes. Really nice country side in that neck of the woods.

And after that a good old pint of stout in Nellies. :blush:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Mrs A and I are planning to do the Nunburnholme route tomorrow. Hope the pub at Etton is open when we finish!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Ping Zacklaws. Nunburnholme route completed today and an excellent route it is too. We did it anti-clockwise which meant a fair pull up Nunburnholme bank, but the views were well worth it. I suggest we could make it the basis of a forum run in the future.

zacklaws

Guru
I myself was out on Nunburnholme hill yesterday for a quick run out early morning as I was on night shift and like to spend the rest of the day in bed. I've been climbing it at least 3 times a week and also up the West to East side as it is slightly easier. I would have done it today, but my chain is showing a bit of wear with climbing to many hills, so I am a bit wary that it may snap, whilst I stand to pedal and the thought of what may happen has brought tears to my eyes and put me off. Maybe Friday now when I get a new chain.

>>>but the views were well worth it<<<

Never really had chance to do much sight seeing when I get to the top, usually I'm cream crackered, trying to get my breath back and recover to get the hammer back down and make up for lost time, but yes from the top of some of the hills looking West to the Pennines from the wolds it is quiet a good view. Trouble is I always wonder if I could get across to the Pennines, have a good ride there and get back home in one day, it looks so close and inviting.

Top Bottom