Beware of idiot drivers around JOG..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
non story

It's not really a non story, unless you are used to unconventional cycle braking techniques. Did you read the Readers Letters at the bottom of the page?
Top marks for imagination:biggrin:.
I'm heading that way in the next week or so, thankfully without a bike (as I am no longer a cyclist), but I may just find myself shouting at random people just for the sake of it. I do quite like random shouting...

I'm tempted to reply but I don't really want to be drawn into an argument with an ignorant twunt, I've got things to do.

Not only that. Road safety for cyclists states they should not ride two abreast. Wrong - You should not ride MORE than two abreast. Two abreast can often make a more visible unit and a enables an shorter overtake if done correctly.
Motor vehicles have priority on the roads, so cyclists should have to pull in when it is safe to do so to let vehicles pass - Simply No
I don't know if cyclists know this, but it is actually a traffic offence to have their front and rear lights flashing. We no its NOT an offence and is recommended as it more easily seen read the up to date lighting regulations.
The lights should be on permanently. If they care to read the instructions that come with the lights they will see that JOGGERS who wear said lights may have them flashing. Obviously for us motor vehicle drivers to be able to distinguish between a cyclist and a jogger.
You do not need to differentiate between other human beings you just need to see them and avoid them all equally an avoid killing them with your 2 ton weapon, hence the flashing lights which assist you in doing so!

Top Bottom