Beware the little squeaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of weeks ago I started to get an intermittent squeak from somewhere on my fixed gear bike.

I gradually worked my way through the usual list of suspects, trying to pinpoint the cause ... wheels - no ... pedals - no ... seatpost - no ... etc ...

I finally got to the BB. I thought that it would be unlikely to be the cause as I had put a new one in about 6 months ago that had a 5 year warranty so I was a tad surprised to see this (apologies for poor quality, but I have a cheap phone):

4352074080_4628747300_b.jpg

This has now gone back to the shop for a replacement.

Tynan

Veteran
blimey

I'm slowly tracking one down to the jockey wheels

Like a mouse it is

Tynan

Veteran
thanks

I changed the rest of the train some time ago, it does it when it's teetering on the edge of a gear change (needs a tad of adjustment) so I might adjust and see

and perhaps clean them

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a click on my fixed that occurs under load. Been driving me mad for weeks. like you I have eliminated everything but the bottom bracket. The bottom bracket is about six months old so I am going to be disappointed if I have to replace it. At the moment I am waiting for a new crank puller, my old one doesn't do ISIS, when it arrives I am going to strip the bottom bracket out and see what its like.

Top Bottom