Beware your smartphone...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
It's all down to the pesky battery, it's tracking us too!
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/02/battery-status-indicators-tracking-online

Remove your battery people! It's the only thing to do*

*I may not have thought this through

What about if someone wants to contact me? Just cos I'm on my bike doesn't mean that I'm unreachable

@Markymark ....another downside of iPhone ownership? (besides the obvious ones of looking like a nobber)
As with many other pleasures in life, owning an iPhone comes with a risk. The reward far outweighs the risks involved. Other risks include drawing attention to yourself by poor people who can only afford a Sony and possibly having to interact with them. Or even worse, a Galaxy phone - for people who can't afford an iPhone...or a Nokia....or two empty cans and a piece of string

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't carry hard stuff in my pockets. Apart from maybe a few coins. Partly because I don't want to hurt myself if I fall, but partly because my bar bag is more accessible.

MiK1138

Veteran
I dropped my phone a while ago, picked it up shoved it back in my rear pocket on my jersey, few minutes later i felt an intense heat on the small of my back, i guess it was the battery about to go Chernobyl.

This is not a massive risk, compared with the reward a smartphone gives. I have OS maps on mine, as well as using the camera, information systems etc. An essential tool for modern life. These incidents are very rare. I suspect tyre levers cause more casualties!

Someone needs to tell google about this. This is a screenshot from the Google Fit app.
Screenshot_2016-08-10-12-07-22 copy.png
(I assume it can tell you are cycling by your movement)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An angry Samsung customer said:
Dear Samsung - I was stabbing my phone with a kitchen knife the other day and scratched the damn thing. And then when I repeatedly attacked it with a lump hammer, the screen eventually broke. I turned it over and battered the Li-ion battery to death and it nearly caught fire ...

Your product is clearly cheap crap so I want my money back!!! :cursing:

:whistle:

Top Bottom