BHF - Norwich 100/50/25

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookm

Regular
Event title: Norwich 100/50/25
Event date/s: 01/06/2014
Event location: Start: The Forum, Bethel St, Millennium Plain, Norwich NR2 1BH
Finish: Norwich Lower School, Bishopgate, NR1 4AA
Event organiser: The British Heart Foundation
Cost of entry: 100 Mile - £20 50 Mile - £19.50 25 Mile - £17.50
Beneficiary: The British Heart Foundation
Event link: http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/...mer-cycling-challenges/norwich-bike-ride.aspx

Starting and finishing in the beautiful City of Norwich, this ride takes you through some perfect cycling country with quiet roads and picturesque villages. Choose your challenge from our 25, 50 and 100 mile routes and test your personal best with a 6, 8 or 10 hour time-band.

From the start in the centre of Norwich, both routes first head north to Reepham. The short route then loops back past Blickling Hall while the 100-milers head up to the coast and east to the half-way point at Sheringham, then skirting the Broads before returning to the finish in the city centre.

Last edited:
I fancy a go at this. It'll give me something to aim for.

( Please tell me the course is flat. :sweat: )

Paul G

e-rider

crappy member
I fancy a go at this. It'll give me something to aim for.

( Please tell me the course is flat. :sweat: )

Paul G
The course is flat (pretty much). The north Norfolk coast section is undulating though (100 mile route).
Last year this event was held on a Saturday for the first time, and it was awful, loads more traffic, especially getting back into Norwich - cars drivers beeping and swearing! Good to see that it's moved back to a Sunday for 2014.

e-rider

crappy member
So it's flat. Phew. (wipes brow with forearm)

Don't worry, the 100m to the Norfolk coast will not be a factor. I'll be happy to make the shorter distance.

Cheers,
Paul G
well, you have 6 months to shape-up for the 100 miler so no excuses really (assuming you have no medical conditions etc) - aim high!

e-rider

crappy member
I'm afraid I shall be opting out. I've done a BHF ride in the past (Cambridge to Southend) and the organisation was appalling. Plus they insist on riders wearing plastic hats...
This event is organised by 'bike-events' and the organisation for the last 7 years has been very good

Koga

I have done this (100miles) for the last 3 year, it is a great tour (as long as it does not rain) and it was well organised. The finish is in Cathedral Close which is a lovely place to hang around and "recover".

openroad

Well this year have decided that Iam going to enter and do the 50 instead of just watching! So pleased its on a Sunday this year just need to get out there and get riding more.

Top Bottom