BHF - Worcestershire Bike ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookm

Regular
Event title: Worcestershire Bike Ride
Event date/s: 29/06/2014
Event location: Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Hindlip, Worcester.
Event organiser: The British Heart Foundation
Cost of entry: Adult £15/ 20 on the day, Child £7.50/12.50 on the day
Beneficiary: The British Heart Foundation
Event link: http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/...ling-challenges/worcestershire-bike-ride.aspx

Explore the heart of England's glorious countryside and soak up the region's beautiful spring finery on routes featuring quiet country lanes and lush, green, landscape views.

Nestled in the heart of England, this is a must for cycling families. 17, 30 or 50 mile routes combine quiet country lanes and lush, green landscape views.

gavgav

Guru
Very tempted by this. I used to live in Worcester and I was diagnosed and had treatment for a heart condition in 2011 and so it is very pertinent to me

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The timings for this event appear to have been revised. Now 8am for registration and a 9am start for the 50 miler.

Going to have to be an early start to get to Worcester in time :ohmy:. On the plus side though, we now have 8 hours to complete the ride.:thumbsup:

gavgav

Guru
The timings for this event appear to have been revised. Now 8am for registration and a 9am start for the 50 miler.

Going to have to be an early start to get to Worcester in time :ohmy:. On the plus side though, we now have 8 hours to complete the ride.:thumbsup:
It's always been 9am start for the 50 miler, they've just added the registration time I think. It says from 8am and so I'm guessing we don't need to be there for dead on 8, otherwise we'll just be hanging around getting cold for an hour (I know it's June, but this is England!!). Other option is to stay down there Saturday night. I have options at friends of course, but not sure they could put 3 of us up and so may need to be a hotel for you 2?

gavgav

Guru
Also, as we've pre booked a place we may not even have to register? We can contact them nearer the time to check anyway.

gavgav

Guru
We will get a welcome pack nearer the event and I'm sure the information in there will help us with sorting it all out

gavgav

Guru
Had a piece in my works newsletter to promote my taking part, this week, text below

Gavin’s gearing up for charity cycle ride
Gavin Taylor will be getting on his bike to raise much‐needed cash for charity

when he takes part in a challenging cycle event.
Information Analyst Gavin is taking part in the British Heart Foundation’s
Worcestershire Bike Ride on June 29 ‐ a 50‐mile ride exploring the county’s

beautiful countryside.
Gavin said: “I am looking to give something back to a great charity that
helped me out in 2011, when I was diagnosed with a heart condition called
Mahaim Fiber Tachycardia.
“I underwent a procedure called Ablation, at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in
Birmingham, to correct the condition and it is thanks to the research of
charities like the BHF that this type of procedure is now possible, rather than more invasive treatment.”
You can sponsor Gavin by visiting his Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/gavin‐taylor4.

Good luck, BHF is one of the best charities I know of, would love to try and do a charity ride for them, but due to a injury I have, I have a lot of training to do before I can even think about doing one.

Top Bottom