Bianchi Columbus SLX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Eighth Man

Just fitted Shimanio 105 10 speed levers, cassette, rear and front mech to my old Bianchi SLX.
dsc00002bw.jpg

raindog

er.....
Very nice, although a Bianchi should by rights be kitted out Italian. :biggrin:

OP
OP
The Eighth Man

The Eighth Man

It was originally built with Japanese components, it was fitted with Shimano Ultegra 600 and I did not want to change the wheels so Shimano it stayed:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
The Eighth Man

The Eighth Man

It rides really nice, I do not know how much it weighs but it is light for steel, it is Columbus SLX tubing, I think it stands for Super Leggera which roughly translates to super light and the "x" means it is internally ribbed for extra strength. It is about the same weight as the 7005 alloy frame and carbon fork bike I use to goto work on, but it is a lot nicer to ride.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had a 1990 Harry Hall in Columbus SLX that looked a bit like that.

Here, found it:

1990HarryHall002.jpg

raindog

er.....
I don't think I've ever seen a road bike with such a short wheelbase as that Harry Hall. The front tyre is almost touching the downtube!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
You're right - look at the rear wheel too; you couldn't even get the wheel out without deflating the tyre. It didn't half turn quickly though with that short design!

Hi to you all,stunning looking bit of bike.With such a close clearance front & rear it looks like it might have been built for the track and later altered to road drop outs.It has more than a passing likeness to the Bianchi,in the sense of lugs and the front & rear clearances.I am inclined to agree with raindog that a Bianchi should be built with Italian parts (where ever possible),even the choice of Miche is not so bad if a bit of budget trimming means the bike can roll rather than gather dust.Happy & Safe Riding to You All.

Top Bottom