Bianchi Eros vs Via Narone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vlfrye11

C336B985-3CC8-4C53-AAFC-4011E0DEA676.png
CD36B793-FFE1-44E5-B9A6-8BABC9B4BDDD.png
I am new to cycling.... I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between these 2 bikes.

2015 Bianchi Via Narone
2008 Bianchi Aeros

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One is Celeste, the other is red. Some regard buying a Bianca's in anything other than Celeste as a crime against cycling. That's all you need to know :smile:.

Other than that one is ten years old so you'll need to check it over very carefully for signs of wear and frame damage, same goes for the other. This is more important than any difference in specs. If you're new to cycling try to enlist someone who can check it over for you, even pay a professional.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Edit: After a bit of checking the Zeros has a carbon frame so is a much more expensive bike than the more basic aluminium framed Narone when new. Carbon frames are lighter and more race bred but can be susceptible to damage so needs careful inspection.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t choose a 10 year old carbon frame over a 3 year old Alu + carbon fork if everything else is identical

Do you have the specifications of the two bikes to post

Clearly the bottom one is too big for whoever took the photo looking at the saddle!

Are they both the right size for you. That’s the crucial thing to get right. Everything else follows

If wanting to inspect the bikes, take someone knowledgeable with you, especially for the carbon one. If parts are worn on either bike, you might be faced with a reasonable bill to refresh

Much as I like Bianchi - I wouldn't go for one as my first bike - especially used. A used Giant Defy IMO would be a better (if less glamorous) option.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The Eros has triple chainrings which although there is nothing wrong with that the fashion is very much for doubles. The Narone needs it handlebars rotating down. As others have stated, buyer beware on both, take someone knowledgeable to test ride.

the snail

Guru
Edit: After a bit of checking the Zeros has a carbon frame
It doesn't look like carbon, and according to this it's a steel frame
http://www.roadbikereview.com/product/latest-bikes/road-bike/bianchi/eros.html

Both look like v. nice bikes. The v. narone is newer, probably lighter. Not sure, but looks like shimano bits? The eros, a bit heavier with steel frame, looks like campag bits, but still probably reasonably light (if you ditch the rack lol) and probably will ride very nicely. The triple chjainset will give you a wider range of gears to help you up the hills, at the expense of a little extra weight. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at either of them. It comes down to fit/condition/price and how much of a weight weenie you are I think?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Much as I like Bianchi - I wouldn't go for one as my first bike - especially used. A used Giant Defy IMO would be a better (if less glamorous) option.
I almost got a red Bianchi as my first roadbike... then I got my arm twisted and ended up spending twice as much on a carbon Pearson :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If not much in it price wise, the much newer via Nirone is a better buy. I had one, bought second hand as my re_entry back into road bikes. Since upgraded to an Infinito CV and my mate now has the nirone. Really good frameset as Alu frames go.

bpsmith

Veteran
One is Celeste, the other is red. Some regard buying a Bianca's in anything other than Celeste as a crime against cycling. That's all you need to know :smile:.

Other than that one is ten years old so you'll need to check it over very carefully for signs of wear and frame damage, same goes for the other. This is more important than any difference in specs. If you're new to cycling try to enlist someone who can check it over for you, even pay a professional.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Edit: After a bit of checking the Zeros has a carbon frame so is a much more expensive bike than the more basic aluminium framed Narone when new. Carbon frames are lighter and more race bred but can be susceptible to damage so needs careful inspection.
I class calling a Bianchi a ”Bianca” and a Via Nirone a “Narone” a crime against cycling. :smile:

Reactions: gbb

bpsmith

Veteran
I started with a Defy and soon sold it to buy a Bianchi as it happens. Wish I had gone straight to for the Bianchi as it’s what I wanted from the start.

Top Bottom