Bianchi Frame/Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bald Ealge

Regular
After my previous plan to buy a cervelo failed due to some ignorant sales staff, I have decided to go for my second option which was a Bianchi. I have been looking around the internet for some frames and looking at the Sempre Pro and Infinito models. I am looking to stick with a budget of £2500 for the bike or what I am seriously considering doing is buying a frame and then buying groupset and other parts when deals come out.

I am just about 6ft so I would probably use a 56? Would this be the case for Bianchi? What is the best place to buy frames from that come with warranty? Would the Infinito be much better than Sempre Pro?

I would hazard a guess you might need bigger, I'm only 5foot 9 and my Bianchi is a 55cm but your specific body geometry might be different from mine.
A shop is usually the best place for warranty and sizing support.

vickster

Legendary Member
The infinity scored very well in cycling plus's bikes of the year feature this month. Probably worth a purchase as it'll give you a number of very good bikes to consider I. Your budget range

Yes, buy from a shop, at that budget you should be getting expert advice and I'd push for a fit too

OP
OP
B

Bald Ealge

Regular
Thats a great deal there, great gear on it for the price. Not really liking the colour scheme though. Might have a nosy at it this weekend though, i only live 25 mins from chain reaction.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If it's any help I'm 5'10" and ride a 57cm Bianchi. It's a size too large for me so I did need to swap the stem for a shorter one. Mine was cheap off a mate though - if I was dropping over 2k on it I'd expect a fitting. And for the right bike, April ain't too far away.

OP
OP
B

Bald Ealge

Regular
Yeah for 2k Id love to be properly fitted out for the bike. From all the reading and research i have done, it seems that 57 is going to be the right size for me. I will probably get a proper bike fit at some stage.

Mark Ryall

Binachi sizing is a little different from some other makes. I ride a 61 Infinito CV. The stack and reach, which are the most important measurements when comparing different frames, are almost identical to a Scott Solace 58, and very close to a Trek Madone 60. By way of comparison I am just over 6ft 2 but have a very long 36" inside leg.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
A left field curve ball for you Bald Eagle.

I have a 2012 Sintesi Z2 (bought late 2013) from Tweeks Cycles in North Wales (they are also a performance car showroom - 2 businesses 1 building).

Anyway - Sintesi - a very little know Italian brand in the U.K.

My Z2 was reduced from £2500 to £1500 & has a very high spec for the £.

'Full' 10 speed Sram Force,
Toray T800 full carbon frame & fork.
(T800 same as used on Giant Advanced SL frames) superlight.

Ritchey WCS Zeta (2012) wheelset -
1550g & easily the equal of Mavic Ksyrium Elite, Fulcrum Racing 1's etc.

I am 6ft dead on with a relatively short 33" leg & my Large frame fits perfect.

Tweeks have only Medium & Large left & only in the White/Black colour scheme.

Alternatively they have a very good looking Sintesi M2 with ISP (integrated) seat post that has to be cut to size for you.
The M2 has the same spec as the Z2.

Last I looked - they only had a large M2 in Red/White colour scheme.

Sorry - I still can't do links so yo will have to google if it's of interest.

Edit.

You could put your £1k saving towards a top cockpit set up (carbon bars, lightweight alu stem, quality pedals etc) or a nice set of carbon hoops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom