Bianchi Impulso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

San Marco

Hello everybody
Just wondering if anyone has or has ridden a Bianchi Impulso. I really like the look of them, especially in celeste colour. However the reviews I've read say the bike is a bit pricey against the competition in the same braket.

Is this an overpriced but beautiful bike?

SS Retro

No, bikes equipped with campag veloce a grand is around the starting price point. Wiggle have it in discounted to £995.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Not a big fan of modern Bianchi bikes but used to lust after the 928 SL of 5 or 6 years back.

The Impulso is a good looking bike & probably a fine bike to boot.

I think where they fall down a little for me is that the groupsets seem to be partial, using their own brand brakes etc.

The finishing kit is nearly always own brand too inc sometimes wheels (re branded & cheaper versions).

Still.

It's nice. Just not 'special'.

OP
OP
San Marco

San Marco

Huh... But if you want a 2014 model in traditional celeste colour, it only comes with Campagnolo gears. Largest cog is a 25. If you prefer it with Shimano (which comes with a 28), you can have it in silver or red, there is no choice in celeste.

Huh??? Why can't I have what I want??

SteCenturion

I am your Father
If you go larger than a 30T you may need to fit another derailleur.
Quite right @Cycleops

Further to that, I made a monumental cock up when I ordered an 11-30 for my mates wheelset & had it fitted only to find that his Shimano Sora rear deraileur would only take a 28t max sprocket.

Because it's been fitted I can't return it.
To top it off Sora is 9 speed & my bike is 10 so can't even make use of it myself.

:sad:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Correct, most are med or small cage for road bikes. To make it easier the site should also give you the cassette range they can handle.

Top Bottom