Bianchi in Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Who's the bianchi dealers in Scotland ?
My gf has decided she wants a via nirone in celeste( the only colour for a bianchi in my opinion) but we are having trouble finding one in the right size( 46) , she wants ( well I only think it's right ) to go for a campag group set , at a push she would go tiara but defo not sora or anything, we can't find anything other than mail order , we are in Glasgow and would travel for it ( within reason ) anybody know a good source other than the usual suspects (Evans ., alpine bikes has none) ,,any ideas peeps

vickster

Legendary Member

Brandane

Legendary Member
My gf has decided she wants a via nirone in celeste( the only colour for a bianchi in my opinion) but we are having trouble finding one in the right size( 46) , she wants ( well I only think it's right ) to go for a campag group set , at a push she would go tiara but defo not sora or anything, we can't find anything other than mail order , we are in Glasgow and would travel for it ( within reason ) anybody know a good source other than the usual suspects (Evans ., alpine bikes has none) ,,any ideas peeps
In Kilmaurs Main Street, north of Kilmarnock....

http://www.walkerscycling.co.uk/

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My gf has decided she wants a via nirone in celeste( the only colour for a bianchi in my opinion) but we are having trouble finding one in the right size( 46) , she wants ( well I only think it's right ) to go for a campag group set , at a push she would go tiara
She is right not to go for tiara, so ostentatious don't you think?

Hyslop

Veteran
I say this expecting that you find somewhere closer to home and I hope you do,but, if all else fails,try Palace Cycles in Carlisle.Bianchi dealers and they do seem to stock a fair few of those weird coloured bikes!

snorri

Legendary Member
I see Dryburgh in Dingwall is also an agent.
i was tidying up a bike once and went to him to buy replacement pedal reflectors. He had the reflectors but had difficulty finding nuts and bolts to fix them, "most people buy the whole pedal" he told me.:whistle:
I haven't been back since.

You may have to wait for one. Mrs A had exactly the same demand. "I want a Bianchi. Must be 46, must be celeste, nothing else matters." "Must be Campagnolo." was my contribution. Bianchi are on holiday for all of August and might think about making bikes again after a long lunch in, say, November. And there is nothing above Via Nirone in that size.
Epic Cycles in Ludlow are pretty clued up about Bianchis, but bear in mind that you have to ask very nicely to get one as well as paying rather over the odds for them. You are buying the glamour, you see. Yes. I know Ludlow is nowhere near Scotland. It's nowhere near anywhere.
You also have the problem that the celeste ones are male fit so they are a bit long for most women. The women's version "Dama Bianca" is pink, black and white and therefore not acceptable. You will also have a pig of a job to get matching shoes. And they come with white handlebar tape and saddle. That will have to be changed for celeste. And you might have to fit cross levers if she can't grip the brakes. (I mean, who wants to slow down?) And can you get me a shorter stem?
The Dolce Elite fits fine. She keeps the Bianchi for best and rides that....

vickster

Legendary Member
39 is small :whistle: (but then I'm 5'10)

And bike shoes always come up small, especially skinny Italian ones!

Top Bottom