Bianchi nirone 7 xenon or cannondale caad 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
So I'm thinking of either of these for an upgrade from my Carrera Zelos, caad 8 looks better spec but that Bianchi looks so cool. Which is better.......fightttt

bpsmith

Veteran
I have 2 bikes. One is a very good bike, but doesn't inspire me just by looking at it. The other is just beautiful and I generally choose that one whenever I can.

Guess which is the Bianchi... :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was going to ask what the spec was on the Cannondale, but it doesn't really matter. Get the Bianchi.

bpsmith

Veteran
Agree with @vickster, with the assumption that you have test ridden and liked them.

Both bikes have to feel right, before any comparison is worthwhile.

My Bianchi is matte black, albeit with some Celesté pin stripes, but it's still way cooler than the other bike. Have recently added Celesté cable outers, which really shows it off nicely.

Celesté all over looks awesome!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'd go for the Cannondale me self, judging by the one on the Evans site. Looks better to me.

But really you should ride them both and see which you like best. Use the Force.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Purely on spec, but I'm wondering why you'd buy either against something like a Planet-X Pro Carbon with full Veloce groupo at £799 or full SRAM Rival 22 at £1k. They're nearly a kilo lighter too, not that it would matter with my butt on it!

Until I saw the Bianchi, I thought it was only cheapies like my Charge Plug that used a square taper bottom bracket any more....

Of course, other on-line value marvels abound, but as I sprinted past a mate on his Trek Madone 5.2 the other evening, I realised 'the mood' is as much to do with it as anything. If having a Bianchi puts you in the mood more often, then why not. :smile:

Russell

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Either is good. Have owned a Nirone 7 . Great ride, good handling and that Celeste! Only sold it because my other bikes were Shimano spec and therefore not compatible for wheel swaps etc. Worth taking into consideration, especially for any future N+1's!

midlife

Guru
Do you like Celeste? Bit of a Marmite colour, shame the Italian princess didn't have lagoon blue eyes :smile:

Shaun

Top Bottom