Bianchi or Mekk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
The place where i work is starting a c2w scheme.

Looking at the bumf so far i do like the look of the Bianchi C2C Via Nirone. 7 alu Xenon

or

Mekk 2G Poggio (Shimano 105)

I know of the Bianchi and think it looks stunning, but full carbon also looks good.

Its not going to happen for another 8-10 weeks but any thoughts on the above bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd go for the 105 equipped bike; does Xenon have the thumb button like some of the other campag kit - if so, I'd rather the 105 - which is a higher level set, I think Xenon is Sora equiv from what I recall, lower than Tiagra? I assume the Bianchi is rather cheaper?

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I'd go for the 105 equipped bike; does Xenon have the thumb button like some of the other campag kit - if so, I'd rather the 105 - which is a higher level set, I think Xenon is Sora equiv from what I recall, lower than Tiagra? I assume the Bianchi is rather cheaper?
Same price.

The Mekk just has it for me on spec, but god the Bianchi is stunning

vickster

Legendary Member
I almost bought a Bianchi before my budget somehow doubled and I bought a carbon Pearson :rolleyes: I was rather put off by tales of unreliabiltiy and poor delivery times...but there are many happy Bianchisti :smile:

Zakalwe

Xenon is about par with Tiagra, you can't actually buy Xenon parts anymore but there's Veloce and Centaur groups above it that are compatible 10 speeds. The thumb shift isn't the same on Campag stuff as it is on Sora/2300, only way you'll know which works for you is by trying them. Higher spec is nice but you can always put new parts on, a dud frame will always be a dud, so get the one which feels right. Consider what wheels you get as standard and the finishing kit, there's more to a bike than whether the groupset saves you 150g over another or not.

okeydokey79

the mekk Shifters and front derailleur are Shimano Tiagra, and the rear mech is 105!!!! if this makes any difference to your choice?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I would not be happy buying a cheap carbon frame.

Top Bottom