Bianchi size advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sonic169

I am looking to purchase a bianchi road bike and the shop advised that 53cm would be ok for someone 5' 4", but I am not so sure as I have tried another bike which was 53cm and felt it was too big

vickster

Legendary Member
A your kind of between a 55 and 57
At 5'4?

@sonic169, more likely a 50/51cm, possibly with a shorter stem. Go to a bike shop that has both sizes in stock, never buy a bike that is too big just because it's the one the shop has on the shop floor. Evans for example will get different sizes in for a refundable deposit and will let you take the bikes out on the road for as long as you want, assuming it's not wet and they aren't about to close

I am 1.80 height (about the same as you, I think) and ride a 57cm Sempre, if that helps. I did test-ride a 55, and it felt OK, but I am more at home on the 57. As far as I know the Intenso is a very similar geometry to my Sempre. In fact, they differ very little from model to model. The Sempre is a litle stiffer than the Intenso, and the Oltre stiffer still.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sonic ) best way is to try one, they do come up slightly small cf other brands, ie top tube slightly shorter. My 57cm via nirone and infinito both are about 56cm virtual top tubes. Worth a trip to Epic cycles in Ludlow for a measure and test ride if you are serious on buying Bianchi, cant recommend them highly enough.

To OP prob a 57 although you have short legs and a long body vs Joe average

Top Bottom