Bianchi stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My road bike was stolen last night

Bianchi Nirone 7
Garmin pedals
Campagnllo bullet wheels

Same one in pic

Please pm me if you see or been offered this

Reward available

Gorebridge. Scotland area

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Woohoo, insurance have paid out the £2500 for my bike and components that got stolen.

Still a pain in the arse but relieved I can now replace the bike.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Payment Shield.

Information got sent through yesterday morning (a pic of the bike and email receipts of all the items, CRN was issued within the hour by the police) I phoned the insurance who confirmed its being upheld and got a phone call today to say the sum of £2500 was available and I had to phone with my bank details.

Sorted.

Dave7

Legendary Member
WOW..............that is a good result and a very good advert.
May I ask how much per year they charge for such a bike ?

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I had receipts that showed component upgrades and power meter.

Total invoices were over 2500 but that was the policy limit.

Money is in bank today and oltre xr1 just arrived and built

Attachments

• 20160406_165332.jpg
    20160406_165332.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
WOW..............that is a good result and a very good advert.
May I ask how much per year they charge for such a bike ?

Im £32 for house insurance and this is the only insurance we have. I will be looking for additional insurance and looking at asgard storage lockers.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I have just had a thought, my bike was stolen with garmin vector pedals, if I know the unique ID of the pedals could I not track it down somehow? i.e. does it not transfer data from the pedals to the computer then to strava, mapmyride etc?

I have just had a thought, my bike was stolen with garmin vector pedals, if I know the unique ID of the pedals could I not track it down somehow? i.e. does it not transfer data from the pedals to the computer then to strava, mapmyride etc?
*warning: uninformed guesswork to follow*
I can't imagine why it would include that information in what it uploads to a website. Surely it would calculate the power and send that.

Try downloading files from rides you have done (ie TCX, GPX and any other formats they offer). Open them in a text editor, and search them for the identifying information you are looking for. If it is there, there is a chance, I guess. But it would still involve the new owner using those pedals, linking them to their account AND you accessing their data AND finding out who they actually are when you do AND proving they have your pedals in some way that is legally useful.

TL;DR "No"

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
*warning: uninformed guesswork to follow*
I can't imagine why it would include that information in what it uploads to a website. Surely it would calculate the power and send that.

Try downloading files from rides you have done (ie TCX, GPX and any other formats they offer). Open them in a text editor, and search them for the identifying information you are looking for. If it is there, there is a chance, I guess. But it would still involve the new owner using those pedals, linking them to their account AND you accessing their data AND finding out who they actually are when you do AND proving they have your pedals in some way that is legally useful.

TL;DR "No"

Its more curiosity to see if they are local or not. Was just a thought.

Top Bottom