Bianchi Zurigo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice bike, and it's a Bianchi too! Don't think there's any catch. There seems to be more of these types coming onto the market and the new term is "adventure bike" so as not to scare off the road cyclist. I would certainly consider one.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Pro: Bianchi seem to be designing some good looking bikes again.

Con: Shimano? SRAM?

vickster

Legendary Member
I would choose SRAM over Tiagra...SRAM hoods fit my hands so much better (I've had Tiagra, I have SRAM and Rival and I've test ridden a bike with 105 which I then had built with Rival)

Personal choice, not a lot of difference in shifting, SRAM feels more definitive somehow to me though

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
I would choose SRAM over Tiagra...SRAM hoods fit my hands so much better (I've had Tiagra, I have SRAM and Rival and I've test ridden a bike with 105 which I then had built with Rival)

Personal choice, not a lot of difference in shifting, SRAM feels more definitive somehow to me though

Thats really useful, I hadnt considered the difference in hood shapes - thanks!

I'll pick and stick soon, honest.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I
The one im looking at would be the Tiagra version - any better/worse than SRAM?
I've absolutely no idea, I'm just being a Bianchi snob and demanding Campagnolo;)

In all seriousness though, that looks like a lovely bike. I'd have one myself if I didn't have my CdF.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thats really useful, I hadnt considered the difference in hood shapes - thanks!

I'll pick and stick soon, honest.
Go try SRAM and Tiagra, they are different so will need a decent test ride. Shimano hoods seem to be less of an issue for men with bigger hands. I just find the hoods too fat so I can't reach effectively and it's not comfortable (SRAM hoods are rather slimmer and ergonomically better for me)

The Bianchi is very pretty and different from the usual out there on the roads

Dolan do a CX, you can spec as you wish too

AndyRM

XOXO
Like @winjim I cannot abide a Bianchi clad in anything other than Campagnolo. It's just not right.

That said, the Zurigo looks a belter, and if I had the money I'd be going for it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
FWIW Campagnolo Ergo hoods are a joy to ride on, especially the new v3 shape. And they're paddle up, button down, none of this weird brake lever shifting or double tap nonsense.

I realise this is of no help at all.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
The only real experience I have is the 105 set on the Giant Defy 1 which seemed okay as far as reach was concerned. Just phoned the LBS (picton cycles in Liverpool) who mentioned they had one in, and also advised I take a look at the Focus CX as well.

@vickster - Having something no one else on the road has was a huge niggle when I originally decided on the defy, though I fear at this prce we'll see more of these bouncing around soon! A pair of 28C gatorskins and I'm laughing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you beholden to C2W and a £1000 budget?

I expect that Bianchi will remain a rare beast on the roads. How many Bianchi roadbikes do you see compared to Specialized, Trek, Giant, Boardman? On a London commute I'd see maybe one or two of different generations...Specialized it feels like every other bike!

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Are you beholden to C2W and a £1000 budget?

I expect that Bianchi will remain a rare beast on the roads. How many Bianchi roadbikes do you see compared to Specialized, Trek, Giant, Boardman? On a London commute I'd see maybe one or two of different generations...Specialized it feels like every other bike!

Indeed I am limited by C2W. Although generally, I don't think I can justify more than that anyway. Want to set myself some pretty high targets next year and then I'll re-evaluate based on how I do!

bpsmith

Veteran
Top Bottom