Bib Shorts - dhb or other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
Hi All, Please can I request your knowledge and experience?

I currently own two pairs of bib shorts. Both dhb Earnley, but they differ slightly in terms of the pad as they are models from different years. I have been very happy with them, the newer model especially has been very comfortable.

Essentially the older pair are ready for the bin, and I need at least one more pair as a replacement, possibly two with cycling most days.

Now these are the only bib shorts I have ever known, so I a) don't know any different, and b) they seem to be discontinued and there is an Aeron range instead with standard, Race or Pro at different specifications and prices.

What I need to know is... are the new range of dhb any good? or should I be looking for something totally different? They need to satisfy the following criteria.

I commute most days - 10 miles each way.
I like middle distance weekend rides - anything from 30 - 100+ miles
I go touring every year - usually 60 - 120 miles a day.

I don't mind paying for quality products, but I'm more bothered about value for money than flash brands, hence the choice of dhb rather than Assos or Rapha. I wouldn't really want to pay more than £60-70.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

stephec

Legendary Member
Around £60 to £70 the world is your lobster, so to speak.

You've got plenty of choice, I won't name any though as someone will come along and point out a make that I've missed.

Whereabouts on the Wirral are you, Cyclesurgery on the A41 near Bromborough should have a decent range for you to try on?

Top Bottom