Bib shorts - views on these planet X jobbies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Can't say re the planet x bibs. But for me bibs all the way much better all round. I made the switch within a few weeks into being on a bike. Can't think why I'd go back to none bibs.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
ta colin.

educational.

I gather that you need to take other stuff off the top to release the bottoms?

must admit had never given it any thought.

Strictly for day rides then, not touring?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I gather that you need to take other stuff off the top to release the bottoms?
Well... I did see a woman remove her bra from under her clothing in a pub once, but I couldn't quite figure out how she did it! :laugh: If you don't have skills like that, then the straps need to be uncovered first.

Strictly for day rides then, not touring?
Just wear only one layer over the straps - that isn't too much of a problem. Once it is 3 or 4 layers it is a right pain!

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks for the practical advice colin.

On the other topic, that's tod pubs for you i suppose.

I once witnessed a woman do this once as well, and clearly expected a drum roll.

I can't return the favour of your technical tips with any clues as to how THAT was done either.

Was also mystifed.

Secret underground female knowledge I suppose.

Sharky

Guru
Bib tights and shorts are probably the better than without, but after collarbone breaks, found them uncomfortable. Now use waist tights with good old fashioned clip on braces. These have the adjustability that suits me.

Last edited:
What would be good would be if PX, and others, actually gave proper measurements of their garments.

Their bibs look as cheap-a-chips but with about a 32" waist, and a touch over 6'1", who knows what size would fit.

And I like a bit of leg length on my bibs,

screenman

Legendary Member
They are good value for money and despite owning some more expensive pairs of short they tend to be my go to one's now. Quite long in the leg but easily folded and stay there. I would never want to wear none bibbed shorts for cycling.

nickAKA

Über Member
Dunno if an opinion is sought, but as the owner of maybe half a dozen different brands of bibs my favourites for fit, comfort, longevity & value are Lusso Carbon. Prefer them to Rapha IIH. You'll probably pay more for them but IMHO the extra is worth it; they're just better fabrics, better pads, better finished & more robust.

Top Bottom