Bicycle insurance companies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sniffer77

Hi all
I'm looking to get some bike insurance to cover for any liability and also accidental damage , can anyone recommend a reasonably price company. Don't want to spend over £60 max , but would like accidental damage especially just incase.
I have legal cover on my home insurance .
Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Extend your home insurance. Most will do it. It's the only affordable way for our bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
British Cycling or CTC for the 3rd party liability and legal. +1 for bike on home policy, with accidental damage etc

The cost will depend on the value of your bike and your postcode mainly

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I went for 3rd Party liability via CTC. About £16 a year. £1500 of theft cover for two bikes added £14 to my home and contents insurance. I never considered accidental damage cover, assuming that it would be recklessly expensive. I could be wrong.

Soup890

Crazy
I have bike insurance which I paid around £45 a year for basic cover. I now think it's a waste of money for me as the area I work and live in is pretty safe well very safe.

Where do you live? And what are you going to use the bike for?

vickster

Legendary Member
And you have just cursed yourself ;) ...didn't you post before around concerns leaving your bike locked outside your house ? (might have been someone else) It only takes one tea leaf to wander into your safe area with a couple of basic tools

I would certainly insure any bike bought on C2W or finance as if it goes awol, you still have to pay for it

Last edited:

Soup890

Crazy
And you have just cursed yourself ;) ...didn't you post before around concerns leaving your bike locked outside your house ? (might have been someone else) It only takes one tea leaf to wander into your safe area with a couple of basic tools

I would certainly insure any bike bought on C2W or finance as if it goes awol, you still have to pay for it
Why me?

Soup890

Crazy

OP
OP
Sniffer77

Sniffer77

Got it sorted for £20 so cheap as chips on house insurance . Covers for accidental damage when out ,theft etc I'm on C2W so though it made sense to get additional cover.

OP
OP
Sniffer77

Sniffer77

Excess is £25 which is very low, so excellent . Will check the paperwork when it arrives though

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
a snip from BC home page

''British Cycling insurance explained
Remember that your British Cycling membership does not provide you with bike insurance that you can claim against if your bike is stolen...''

considering 'stolen' insurance is what i need - not much use then..?

Top Bottom