Bicycle polo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I saw that in preston park brighton this weekend there is a bicycle polo game open to anyone who wants to have a go.

Sounds right dangerous to me...anyone had a go?

We're trying to increase the number of bike polo players in Brighton and introduce more people to the sport, so we're going to have a try out session this sunday at preston park. This will be for anyone who wants to try out bike polo, no matter who you are, your age, gender or whether your a champion bmxer to someone who can only just about keep their feet on the pedals. Bike polo is one of the fastest growing urban sports, it's also one of the most social too. So whether you want to try something new, or just come and meet some new people, come down on Sunday. This will be really informal and feel free to turn up anytime between 12 and 4. Everything will be provided for you, including bikes and mallets, so you don't need to worry about chipping the paint on your Cinelli. No one likes to stand around in the rain, so it will be weather dependent. If it is chucking it down, then we'll just move it on a week. Please share with anyone you feel might be interested and hopefully see you sunday.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've played a few games. It's good fun, but getting walloped with a mallet or ball hurts. I've managed several injuries with ill advised stretches and other moves.

If you take your own stuff, prepare for damage accordingly.

sazzaa

I've just found out there's a local bike polo group here - I didn't even know it was a thing! I think I'd just fall off a lot...

Top Bottom