Bicycle race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw a documentary programme today on ITV4 about a bicycle race.

Lots of riders were going jolly fast near the end and there was (quite predictably) a crash.

The camera lingered on an English (I think) racer with a yellow hat and a striped jumper. He looked jolly cross about it all.

Luckily all the riders were wearing hats.

I noticed that the Englishman's yellow hat was broken in several places and asked myself the following:

1. Did it save his life?
2. Who on Earth said that they were should to go so fast, so close together? Madness!
3. I think they raced for 200km. Do they get to have a few days' well-earned rest now?
4. is this something they train for, or do they just do it for fun?

The most important question (for me) is the one about the hat. I hope this isn't one of these topics that people get het up about!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nay, Boris (btw, one of my bikes is now and forever "Boris", thanks to Potsy) the new hot topic on cchat is this, oh, we all want the death penalty for the slimy killers!

Dan_h

I saw a documentary programme today on ITV4 about a bicycle race.

Lots of riders were going jolly fast near the end and there was (quite predictably) a crash.

The camera lingered on an English (I think) racer with a yellow hat and a striped jumper. He looked jolly cross about it all.

Luckily all the riders were wearing hats.

I noticed that the Englishman's yellow hat was broken in several places and asked myself the following:

1. Did it save his life?
2. Who on Earth said that they were should to go so fast, so close together? Madness!
3. I think they raced for 200km. Do they get to have a few days' well-earned rest now?
4. is this something they train for, or do they just do it for fun?

The most important question (for me) is the one about the hat. I hope this isn't one of these topics that people get het up about!

I saw that as well. There was another episode yesterday where some large german used an unfortunate riders head as a step in order to remain on his bike, perhaps that is what the hats are for, so you can tread on peoples heads without causing an injury?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Actually ...
.... the Englishman's yellow hat was broken in several places ...
... was not true :ohmy:

The paint scheme made it look as if it were broken but earlier pictures of the same hat clearly showed the afore-mentioned paint scheme.

(unless, of course, the hat had been broken many hours before the incident to which you refer :eek: )

Dan_h

Actually ...
... was not true :ohmy:

The paint scheme made it look as if it were broken but earlier pictures of the same hat clearly showed the afore-mentioned paint scheme.

(unless, of course, the hat had been broken many hours before the incident to which you refer :eek: )

I thought this was not true as well at the time, but the picture on page 40 of this weeks cycling weekly is a head on shot of Cav post crash. The left side of his helmet does actually appear to be broken away, at least it looks that way to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom