Bicycle Stat Survey - 1 Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
curtis dorrington

curtis dorrington

I like the look of your locks. How much will they be?

GC

Thanks GC

I have an idea of what the retail would be from presenting the lock to retailers but I want to be 100% before I commit.
Can I ask what price you would place the product at?

Cheers

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Thanks GC

I have an idea of what the retail would be from presenting the lock to retailers but I want to be 100% before I commit.
Can I ask what price you would place the product at?

Cheers

Difficult to say based solely on the photos, it would be easier seeing one in the flesh. Depending on the material, quality of finish and how well it fits, possibly £10 per lock.

GC

OP
OP
curtis dorrington

curtis dorrington

T
Difficult to say based solely on the photos, it would be easier seeing one in the flesh. Depending on the material, quality of finish and how well it fits, possibly £10 per lock.

GC
they are machined from high grade aluminium billets then anodised or painted. The fit is very snug more so when you pull the QR lever which creates a clamping effect so there is no rattle.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Interesting product.
I'd like to see a video of someone trying to defeat the lock, so get an idea of how well it stands up to attack.

Don't waste your money, there is a major flaw, a pair of mole grips will undo the skewer from other side, I just tried it and skewer was off in 17 seconds
Yeah but then again, how fast to cut a cable lock which is what most people use to secure wheels. it's a deterrent, only way to do it better is to take it off and lock it to the frame, which is personally what I've always done.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Yeah but then again, how fast to cut a cable lock which is what most people use to secure wheels. it's a deterrent, only way to do it better is to take it off and lock it to the frame, which is personally what I've always done.
I agree it's a small deterrent to the opportunist

OP
OP
curtis dorrington

curtis dorrington

Hi
I have tested this with pipe grips and if the QR lever is tight the nut does not budge (as it is knurled and bites in) depending what type of nut you have. The plastic type breaks off leaving a small round nut which you can't get purchase on with tools.
The metal type nut I found that metal would shear off for the surface of the nut.
I could supply the plastic type nut with Quick Caps I suppose, but then if a thief has tools they would more than likely undo other components from the bike and be able to remove locking skewers as they rely on the same nut types. I'm confident that Quick Caps Can compete with locking skewers, and are quicker to fit.

OP
OP
curtis dorrington

curtis dorrington

Hi
I have tested this with pipe grips and if the QR lever is tight the nut does not budge (as it is knurled and bites in) depending what type of nut you have. The plastic type breaks off leaving a small round nut which you can't get purchase on with tools.
The metal type nut I found that metal would shear off for the surface of the nut.
I could supply the plastic type nut with Quick Caps I suppose, but then if a thief has tools they would more than likely undo other components from the bike and be able to remove locking skewers as they rely on the same nut types. I'm confident that Quick Caps Can compete with locking skewers, and are quicker to fit.
I agree it's a small deterrent to the opportunist

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Hi

The skewer was tight, and I can assure you I can undo it on the non lever side, I have the plastic type and it didn't break off and did undo the skewer, To be fair I do have proffesional tools (not locksmith tools) If that did fail I do have tools that I guarantee will take the locks off without damage to bike or skewers in seconds.

Top Bottom