Bicycle Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update:
Picked up the CCTI one for £78 this weekend.
I compared it to the CCTQR one that is £6 more.
Obviously the QR has quick release but it does not come with a front wheel stand and apart from quick release and a different colour they appeared identical. Look really well built and will update with how it performs once I get round to using it ;)

I always found that a copy of the 'Yellow Pages' under the front wheel is sufficient or an old catalogue, remember to hang a towel or something over the top tube to catch the sweat.
You need to video your fave ride with an helmet cam and play it back whist turbo grinding to offset the boredom, get the missus to chuck water and grit at you at the same time for realism.:smile:

Goobs

Veteran
I always found that a copy of the 'Yellow Pages' under the front wheel is sufficient or an old catalogue, remember to hang a towel or something over the top tube to catch the sweat.
You need to video your fave ride with an helmet cam and play it back whist turbo grinding to offset the boredom, get the missus to chuck water and grit at you at the same time for realism.:smile:

Thats a good idea.
I got bought one of those bike cams from 7dayshop a while back - used it once then never bothered again.
Might just pop it on the bike this weekend and record our usual run. Would do it on tonights run out but watching a cree 900 lumens flood beam pointing up a country road in the pitch black may not look that great. Plus I would have to use the turbo in the dark to get the right effect.

Goobs

Veteran
Been using it for a couple of weeks now and can report it works great.
I moved the cycle computer sensor from front to back wheel (only just reachs!) and we usually pedal madly for 5 miles.
This is about the same as our usual winters night run but takes less time, gets the heart going a lot faster and you certainly work up a sweat pretty quickly!
The turbo seems very stable to me. The resistance is not that hard but consistent and if I go mad for 30 seconds I can get up to 54 mph! Average speed is about 20 mph compared to real cycling of 14 mph.
On saturday the weather was dry so we popped out for a quick 10 miler and it was eye opening how much harder real cycling is. i.e. Trying to average 20mph is never gonna happen. Plus breathing the cold air really gets your chest when pushing hard.
Add to the fact a moron in a removal van nearly wiped out my missus on a junction and means I think we will be making plenty of use of the turbo till more clement weather returns.

Top Bottom