Bidon with it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

The team hand out water bottles from the side of the road individually in general (appreciate there my 2 people in 1 place). Okay maybe for a solo rider but when they are in a group to me it makes more sense to put say 4 in a bag and then the riders distribute them (as you often see some of the riders in the team miss out on bottles).
Is there a rule that bags can only be used at the feed station?
Thanks.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
In short yes, musettes / bags can only be given out at designated feed stations marked as such by the race organiser, that's even if they only contain bidons.
Individual bidons can be handed out pretty much anywhere on the course (or even by the team car) which is why you get the amusing sight of Johnny "the Donkey" Domestique stuffing as many as 27 bidons down his jersey on hot days to donate to all his team mates, in a way that makes him briefly reminiscent of my avatar but without the cheeky cigarette.

In races or stages of 150km or less (with no feeding stations), both musettes and bidons can be handed from the team car.

(UCI Regulations part II Road Racing, regulation 2.3.025, if you're ever really bored).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

In short yes, musettes / bags can only be given out at designated feed stations marked as such by the race organiser, that's even if they only contain bidons.
Individual bidons can be handed out pretty much anywhere on the course (or even by the team car) which is why you get the amusing sight of Johnny "the Donkey" Domestique stuffing as many as 27 bidons down his jersey on hot days to donate to all his team mates, in a way that makes him briefly reminiscent of my avatar but without the cheeky cigarette.

In races or stages of 150km or less (with no feeding stations), both musettes and bidons can be handed from the team car.

(UCI Regulations part II Road Racing, regulation 2.3.025, if you're ever really bored).
Ah - that makes sense then.
Excellent reply - thank you very much.

Top Bottom