Big Appetite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've never been fat, but I've porked out a bit a couple of times in the past, going up to about 13 stone from my ususal 11 to 11 1/2... At the mo I'm basck to normal, and most peeps would describe my physique as 'fairly slim' and 'a bit muscly'. But i find that complared to most peeps, I have an enormous appetite for food... and I mean enormous... I can eat twice as much as most people at dinner, and i am always hungry... at the mo I'm doing about 70 miles a week on the bike, winter it's 30-40...
what are the chances of there being an alien life form living in my stomach as a parasite and getting half the food that goes down my gullet? :biggrin:

walker

Fnaar said:
I've never been fat, but I've porked out a bit a couple of times in the past, going up to about 13 stone from my ususal 11 to 11 1/2... At the mo I'm basck to normal, and most peeps would describe my physique as 'fairly slim' and 'a bit muscly'. But i find that complared to most peeps, I have an enormous appetite for food... and I mean enormous... I can eat twice as much as most people at dinner, and i am always hungry... at the mo I'm doing about 70 miles a week on the bike, winter it's 30-40...
what are the chances of there being an alien life form living in my stomach as a parasite and getting half the food that goes down my gullet? :biggrin:

Sounds like you got worms to me.

only 70 miles, eating a hell of a lot, but still slim?

PrettyboyTim

I seem to remember a rough guide for the calories used when cycling was about 40 kcal/mile.

So that's about 2800 kcal/week extra you're using up by cycling.

You could always get some Ovex from the chemists and see if it makes any difference. Not sure if it works on tapeworms though.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Don't think it's worms [has a quick look] ... no, nothing up there :biggrin:
What's this movement beneath my shirt... oh my god, my stomach is pulsating, it's... it's moving... it's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
It's not the quantity in itself really, what types of foods are you eating? If it is mainly roughage it would explain things. So come on, are you eating mainly cream buns or hay?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
It's not the quantity in itself really, what types of foods are you eating? If it is mainly roughage it would explain things. So come on, are you eating mainly cream buns or hay?
[shouting from inside the alien that has now devoured him]
I eat fairly healthily, but have the occasional biscuit/jaffa cake binge session....

red_tom

My nickname used to be dustbin, I was always finishing off the stuff that other people couldn't eat.

I think the best/worst I've ever done was finishing a kilo bag of pasta in a single day when at University (2 meals, both just pasta and pesto in a giant bowl). I also once ate 4 kilo pots of moules at Belgo (it was eat as much as you like), I think I could have done a couple more but my date was getting bored.

I try to keep it under control these days but I'll still finish stuff off if it's going to go to waste.

i bet i could out-eat-you!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I can eat good amount. Mum dont like it, because she thinks all we(me and my brothers) think about is food.
I once did one of those popcorn bags, it was a large one that we got for free and i ate it all. Very nice, but a tad greasy.
Pasta i can eat alot of. Same with beans on toast. :biggrin:

I used to be a bit of a dustbin myself! :biggrin:
Similar eating habits to fnaar - mostly healthy, but large portions!

In one sitting, but on diferent occasions, I managed 24 pancakes; a whole sliced loaf of bread and jam; three pizzas, two chop chicken curries and my mates' leftovers. And after playing rugby, after the opposition had left, me and a mate used to go round and sweep up the leftover beer (watering cans and glasses) but I (normally) chose to drink the Guinness.

The most I have been was 117 kg (about 18.3 stone) but I was also playing a lot of rugby (prop - and not just at the bar), but my 'normal weight now is between 92 - 95 kg. I'm 98 at present.

Top Bottom