Big boys' toys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I want one,great fun.

Van Nick

It's very cool but 16" wing span and it can only fly for ten minutes at a time.

Be nice if they could make a life sized one that lasts longer between charges.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Van Nick said:
Be nice if they could make a life sized one that lasts longer between charges.

I think you'll find God's already done that...:blush:

Does look cool. If I still had the person to buy it for, I'd buy it for him.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have got two helicopters for my boys which do the same thing indoors. Haven't had a play yet, but I will. Have to make sure they're fast asleep - I left some early acquisitions for Xmas/birthday out on the landing on Sunday (Doh!:angry:) and they found them when they got up. I've ignored their questions thus far and denied all knowledge. :blush:

abchandler

I bought one for my my 8 year old last year. Didn't manage to get my hands on it before he had bent the seemingly quite flimsy wings. It comes with a spare set, but haven't got round to replacing them yet

ajevans

I noticed a lot of people here have bought such things for their sons. Yeah right!

I remember receiving a Scalextrix set as a child after never asking or expressing an interest in one. My suspiscions were soon confirmed when my dad brought his own car out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
ME ! ME ! ME ! Auntie Arch. ME ! ME ! ME ! :blush:

Sorry, you don't fool me. I know my nephew is a genius, but I'm quite sure he's not mastered legible typing yet...:angry:

Although, you've given me an idea for the Bro-in-law... That would drive my sister mad though!

bonj2

my little bro had a R-C helicopter and it was a right bar-steward to try and get it to fly. Its tail rotor kept failing, which meant it did take off but immediatedly crashed into the ground sideways as soon as it did.
His plane was a lot more reliable, but still hard to control - he crashed it into walls a few times and broke its wing! That was good though.

My guess is it will fly but will be quite hard to control - only really suitable for a large field or park. And don't underestimate the skill of actually doing the flying of it.

Top Bottom